MSG LAST NIGHT!

princess_of_the_night2112

Goddess of Metal
May 23, 2005
Glasgow
Crackin night last night when I saw MSG at G2. They were absolutely amazing and Schenker can still thrash it out BIGTIME. Missed the first support band and got there just in time to hear the 2nd band play their last song. They sounded alright, a bit like Girlschool and I'm just guessing it was a female singer but at this point we were up the back at the bar and the place was totally crammed and I couldn't even see the stage at this point.

Anyway decided to try and get nearer the stage and I'm not joking it was like the parting of the Red Sea, everyone just sort of moved out of the way and I just sauntered right up to the front of the stage no bother at all . After about 10 minutes Schenker & Co came on stage and blasted off with Assault Attack which was fantastic.

He's got a really brilliant band with him just now, all of them seemed very enthusastic and were getting right into it, the drummer was excellent and I was standing right in front of the bassplayer who was tremendous but looked a bit of a freak - completely shaved head with just this big massive ponytail sticking out of the top of his napper, the rest of his head tattooed and he spun that ponytail round and round the entire time he was onstage and I'm not joking I thought he was actually gonny take off at one point and I was getting dizzy just watching him, he was a scream. The singer was fabulous and was having a great time on stage, giving it 100%.

While he was singing Only You Can Rock Me, he came right over to me and sang the chorus right into my face (just like Brian of Blitzkrieg) and then when he sang the chorus the second time, again he walked right over and bent down and sang it into my face - WOW how awesome is that !!!! And this wee guy beside me said "Hey ur you his burd or something" :lol: :lol:

Schenker was totally brilliant, giving a flawless performance, don't think he said one single word right enough. He looks good though, he's slimmed right down now and looking pretty fit & hot.

Highlights of the night were definitely Only You Can Rock Me (cos the singer sang it to me and plus it was awesome), Doctor Doctor, Attack Mad Axe and my fav of the night was Rock Bottom - that was friggin phenomenal and very nearly took the roof off.

Bit shocked cos they didn't play Armed & Ready and it was over very quick, when we got outside it was still LIGHT. Was actually only about 10 O'clock, so Schenker was just on stage for barely over an hour. Still they were mindblowing plus at the end of the concert, the bassplayer shook my hand, the singer shook my hand twice and then Schenker came over shook my hand as well - awesome stuff eh!!!! SCHENKER RULES!!!!!

Set List

Assault Attack
Ready to Rock
Let It Roll
Dust to Dust
Love Trade
Shadow Lady
Lights Out
Into the Arena
Only You Can Rock Me
Attack Mad Axe
Doctor Doctor
Rock Bottom

Brilliant night and next gig for me is The Answer this coming Wednesday at The Barfly. This is the band that are supporting Whitesnake next month, very Zepplinesque, heard a few of their songs and they're brillinant and this will be my first time seeing them, so will be another fantastic night!!! Think there's 4 bands playing but I'll probably stay in the Solid and just go round in time to catch The Answer.

Oh yeah I forgot to say - as soon as I got to the front of the stage I saw Mathias or however you spell his name. I gave him a big smile and a big wave and he waved back but I don't know if he knew who I was - but I was of course wearing the Saxon tshirt, so he might have known who I was, or maybe he just thought I was some sort of groupie hehe!!!!. Didn't get close enough to give him a big kiss but I will give him a big one next time I see him:D

Hey Princess,glad you had a good time at the Schenker show.He is one of my favorite players and I have seen him with MSG and UFO many times since 1978.Looking forward to his shows in the USA this fall.I heard the gig you saw had a 10 pm curfew,so the set was a bit short.Also his son was in the first band,I heard they were pretty good.Steve

sounds like a decent gig, set list seems too short though, 12 songs??

Liked Mcauley era MSG , too bad they didnt play anything off of "Save Yourself"

SODOM!

EarthSkynSea said:
sounds like a decent gig, set list seems too short though, 12 songs??

Liked Mcauley era MSG , too bad they didnt play anything off of "Save Yourself"

SODOM!

Preferred the Gary Barden era myself... The Mcauley stuff was a little too poppy for me.

Feck me,he actually showed up?

BTW If anyone is interested Gary Barden has a new album out under the moniker Gary JOHN Barden titled The Agony and the Xtasy and it's pretty damned good. I'd love to see him and Schenker play together as the only time I had a ticket you'll never guess who didn't turn up?

matjes27 said:
Please gimme the kiss next time.

LOL okay you're on, next time I see you I will give you a big wet one - a big wet kiss that is:D . I wasn't too sure if you knew who I was but I thought if you noticed my Saxon tshirt you might know who I was and when you waved back I just thought you probably thought I was some lassie trying to pull you hehe!!!

bert said:
Feck me,he actually showed up?

:lol:

Yeah Bert I was quite shocked at that as well. I'd been really looking forward to seeing Schenker but at the back of my mind I kept thinking that I would get to the venue and it would have been cancelled. So that was a bonus that he actually turned up and it was a great concert, albeit a very short one!!!!

well princess of the night,i to was at m.s.g an it kicked ass,i met u an i think it was your cousin? at Saxon ,the two of u were hoardin the downstairs bar an i asked the two of u if u had your own private bar,mind ? I was lookin for u at m.s.g to say hello,but didn't see u about.:kickass: Next for me is local tribute band Maiden Scotland tonight in Rockers,then Twisted sister on the 5th june at the carling. i to bought the new barden cd an it's brilliant. Cheers :headbang: :worship:

Yes I remember you - I was standing next to you when Atticarage were on and you were admiring my jacket and made some good comments about all of my badges and patches, especially the Diamond Head patches:headbang: . I think I met you and your friend at the Saxon gig in Edinburgh the year before. And we were talking about the Budgie as well, I think they're coming back to the Ferry in October, so you must get a ticket for that, they are TOTALLY AWESOME LIVE!!!

LOL it was great having my own wee bar at the Ferry - I think everyone else was heading upstairs for the bar and don't think they realised there was a wee bar downstairs as well!!!! And I've just remembered something Flyin V, I'm sure you were the guy that felt my arse when I walked past you to go to the toilet:lol: :lol: :lol: .

I remember you said you were going to Schenker and I had a quick look for you but the place was packed and we headed right down the front. I was right at the front of the stage the whole time and didn't move from that spot - I was gagging for another drink - but I didn't want to lose the great position I had.

I'm going to see Twisted Sister and Hanoi Rocks as well, so if you fancy feeling my arse again:lol: head down the front cos that's where I'll be. I'll be standing stage left - best position cos your just a few feet away from the the band, bar and bogs!!!!!

:lol: :lol: Ad forgot about givin u a spank on the arse till u said,in my defence,it was that kinda night,everbody was on a high n up for the gig,well that's ma excuse anyway :lol: if a see u at Sister al say hello,cheers :headbang: :kickass: