The Renfrew Ferry

princess_of_the_night2112

Goddess of Metal
May 23, 2005
Glasgow
Not been on for a while but I've been reading all your reviews and looking at the pics. All your reviews and pics have been excellent, it's brilliant to see what everyone looks like.

I was looking out for some of youse at The Ferry last night but I didn't recognise any of you and I don't know if anyone from here was going. Didn't even see Mad Dan!!!

Here's my wee account of last night's events!!!!

Hellsbells I canny even begin to tell youse how utterly mindblowing last night's concert was. Never mind gig of the year, it was definitely the best concert I've been to my whole life - fifty million times better than the last Rush gig.

In the Solid Rock first of course, only in there about 5 minutes and then Wheels of Steel comes on followed right away by 747 - yeeehaaaa - superb. The Solid was packed, met loads of folk that I'd seen at the previous 2 Saxon gigs in Edinburgh & Glasgow, so had a really good time in there.

Gets to The Ferry and saw Blitzkrieg right away, went over and spoke to them. Got my pic taken with Brian and Ken and another with with just me and Ken. Will show youse the pics tomorrow!!! Chatted for a wee while but before I knew it, the first band were on, Atticarage. Was really quite impressed with them, they played about 6 songs but don't know what they were called but they did do Fear of the Dark and that was brilliant, so will definitely go see them again.

I was right at the very front for Blitzkreig coming on and there's not a barrier or nothing at The Ferry, so it was superb getting right up close with the mighty Kreig. Bloody hell they were totally sensational. Blasted off with Armageddon and by the time that one had finished, the crowd were going mental, they were that AWESOME. There was a pretty big moshpit going on RIGHT BESIDE ME and I'm not joking I don't know how many times I got slammed hard right up against that stage, a couple of times I very nearly ended up right on the stage and then they played Hell Express which just whipped the whole crowd into even more of a frenzy. It was pure mental down that front for Blitzkrieg, I've never seen anything like it, there was even some guy right behind me practically trying to mount me almost!!!! So that was most enjoyable:lol: . The wee guy next to me ended up getting a pint of beer all over his hair, so he was totally raging cos he told me he'd just washed it and it took him ages to straighten it and then I felt somethiing wet all over my back, not too sure what it was and I didn't actually bother to find out, was too busy lapping up the mighty Krieg.

Anyway that Brian Ross is damn brilliant, what a voice he's got and he even came right over to me AND SUNG SOME OF THE SONG RIGHT INTO MY FACE!!!!! Awesomeness!!!! They then played I'm not Insane, Legion, Unholy Trinity, Escape from Village, Blades of Steel, Blitzkrieg and then finished off with Hellbent for Leather. Blitzkrieg were totally on fire, just absolutely totally supreme and majestic and I canny wait to see them again and I think most folk there were stunned at how magnificent they were. Seriously they rocked that Ferry insane, they were soooo fantastique. Once they'd finished, Brian Ross was shaking some hands with folk at the front, then came over to me, shook my hand and then kissed it - wow what a total God!!!!!

As you can imagine the atmosphere is just sheer electric by this time waiting for the mighty Saxon to come on. They were absolutely brilliant, probably the best performance I've seen Saxon put on. Biff awesome as always, laughing and chatting with the crowd, plenty of folk throwing their denim jackets from the balcony onto the stage when they first came on!! I was right in front of Doug Scarratt and in fact the only thing separating my face from his crotch was his guitar, that is how close I wiz. He's brilliant and always has a permanent smile on his face, he shook my hand a few times as well.

Again it was mental and crazy and hot and sticky doon the front for Saxon but there was no moshpit as such. More or less same setlist but we never heard Dallas 1PM fucks sake or Redline and I don't think they played Lionheart either, but they might have cos by this time I was a wee bit reekin and it's a bit fuzzy but we did get This Town Rocks. Come to think of it, I don't remember hearing The Eagle has Landed either!!!!! Goes without saying that every song totally rocked bigtime but standout songs were the 2 songs in the encore, 747 & And the Bands Played On, Strong Arm of the Law was stunning and Wheels and D & L and 20,000 were dazzling.

Next big one for me is SCHENKER - WOW!!!!!

Cracking review Princess! I particularly liked this bit - "there was even some guy right behind me practically trying to mount me almost!!!! So that was most enjoyable"

That cracked me up!! :lol:

And then this bit - "The wee guy next to me ended up getting a pint of beer all over his hair, so he was totally raging cos he told me he'd just washed it and it took him ages to straighten it"

Tell me about it! My hair was poker straight when I went into the Astoria gig, and it was that hot and sweaty in there, and that jam packed, that by the time I came out my hair was so bushy, it looked like I'd had it back-combed!! I tell you, people pay good money to have their hair that "bouffant"!! :lol: Like you, I had my fair share of groins shoved into my back, I was practically on intimate terms with a few men that night!! Ooo-errrrr!! :D

Looking forward to seeing your pics :)

Sammi951 said:
Like you, I had my fair share of groins shoved into my back, I was practically on intimate terms with a few men that night!! Ooo-errrrr!! :D

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I think most of the Saxon fans must be sex-starved or something cos I got my arse felt 4 times enroute to the toilet and twice it was by the same guy. I also had someone cop a quick feel of my left boob while Blitzkrieg were playing and also that guy who was trying to surprise me from the rear, at first I was like hey what's going on here but I quite enjoyed, so I just let him get on with it hehehehehe. Awesome stuff canny wait for the next Saxon gig:lol:

princess_of_the_night2112 said:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I think most of the Saxon fans must be sex-starved or something cos I got my arse felt 4 times enroute to the toilet and twice it was by the same guy. I also had someone cop a quick feel of my left boob while Blitzkrieg were playing and also that guy who was trying to surprise me from the rear, at first I was like hey what's going on here but I quite enjoyed, so I just let him get on with it hehehehehe. Awesome stuff canny wait for the next Saxon gig:lol:

Damn! I knew I should have made the effort to go to that Glasgow gig!! :lol: :lol:

I got my arse felt 4 times enroute to the toilet and twice it was by the same guy.

Yeah! I know what you mean, me too!! I think it is my sexy bald head/ combover that does it. Or maybe it's the sight of my voluminous hairy arse grinning from the top of my jeans, now that I am all trendy and "down with the kids" and wear them low slung, especially on my BMX.

Glad you enjoyed your gig Princess, I will be looking out for you in the future at gigs, I'll be pressing my nudger up against all females in future just in case you are there.

TheAssMaster said:
Glad you enjoyed your gig Princess, I will be looking out for you in the future at gigs, I'll be pressing my nudger up against all females in future just in case you are there.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Well Assmaster my next gig is in about 2weeks on 20th May when I'm Schenker, so if you're free on that date why don't you come up to Glasgow and see him with me and you can press your nudger up against me all night if you like, just please don't try and stick it up my arse:lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

..... my next gig is in about 2weeks on 20th May when I'm Schenker ...

Hey Princess - glad you enjoyed the gig !! Paxo and I made it to 4 and the mighty Saxon 'kin roooooooooccccccccccckkkkkkkkkkkkkkked every night !!

Matthias (the Saxon head roadie with the black beret and skull badge) is touring with MSG, so give him a big hug when you see him !!! I will be at the Mean Fiddler gig on 19th and will let you know how it goes (that is if Michael turns up as at least 2 MSG gigs I was going to in the past were cancelled!)

Cheers,

Goss.

I was thinking you might have been going to the Renfrew Ferry as well Goss, was looking out for you cos I wanted to see your awesome jacket, see if it looks better than mine hehe. I had about 10 folk saying my jacket was fantastic and loads of folk commenting on the Diamond Head and Angel Witch patches and most of them were quite stunned when they realised I'd seen Diamond Head quite a few times and I met one wee guy whom I'd met at Saxon in Edinburgh and at Edinburgh he was wanting to buy the patch from me, he was still wanting it on Saturday night but I'm no parting with that superb patch - NO WAY!!!!! But what shocked me to the core was that when I was talking about Angel Witch to him, I'd actually seen Angel Witch 3 times before he was even born:yow: . I don't understand that, that canny be right surely!!!!!!

My pics from the concert are pure shite, I've got a couple of Blitzkrieg that are ok but the Saxon ones never really turned out good at all. I only took a few of Saxon cos I took loads at the last couple of gigs but the pics aren't even worth showing. Tonight when I have more time I'll stick a few on here now that I seem to have worked out with the help of Sammi how to do it now. Here's one of my jacket anyway! And I hope to god that the Schenker concert doesn't get cancelled cos I'm really looking forward to it but he's only playing in a very small venue here and it's not anywhere near sold out!!!!!!

00.jpg

Right I didn't realise my pics were soooooooooooo bad, I'm not joking this camera is brill for everything else but see trying to get a decent pic at a concert, you can forget it. Obviously I is too hammered to even focus straight cos all the pics I took of Saxon are that shitey I'm not even gonny bother showing youse them and even the ones down below are crap as well, fuzzy and blurry, but you can see them but they are SHITE!!!!!

And I know you are all really desperate to see the patches on the back of my jacket, so I got a pic taken last night and you can see some Saxon ones and my alltime fav one is the mighty Angel Witch patch. Just click on the pic of the jacket to enlarge it and then click it again to see the AngelWitch patch in greater detail cos it rocks!!!! but I don't want any of checking out my arse in the last photo (especially you Assmaster :lol: !!!!

Brian and Ken of Blitzkrieg with me

Me and Ken of Blitzkrieg

The Krieg

That other guy fay Blitzkrieg

That other guy again

One of the younger members of the Denim & Leather Militia Guard and me during 747!

:D
WILKS said:
princess you look pretty fit out of focus:lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wow Wilks I think that's the nicest thing you've ever said about me:lol: . I never seem to take a good pic, I always end up looking kinda gay in photos, I can't think why hehe. Trust me Wilksy, I look a lot better in the flesh:p

WILKS said:
Good pic princess you look pretty fit out of focus:lol:

I bet you enlarged that pic and looked at her arse as well, didn't you? :D I did!! :lol: Paxoman said he did too, when I interrogated him (lol)...but he said it was purely to look at the badges on the jacket....Hmmmm...:Smug: :lol:

Sammi951 said:
I bet you enlarged that pic and looked at her arse as well, didn't you? :D I did!! :lol: Paxoman said he did too, when I interrogated him (lol)...but he said it was purely to look at the badges on the jacket....Hmmmm...:Smug: :lol:

Oh yes, you have a nice arsewitch........I mean angelwitch patch princess! :lol:

Sammi951 said:

I did too....

However, I never got as high as the badges.....:worship:

liama said:
However, I never got as high as the badges.....:worship:

Ah hahahahahaha.

Can you boys please stay focussed (or are you all a bunch of pervs:D ),, never mind gawking at my arse, look at the patches that's why I posted the pic:lol: .

We've never seen your pic yet Liam - show us one of you wearing a Saxon tshirt, or better still wearing a Diamond Head one :). Are you still coming over to see DH next month?