Newbie Alert!

BassFerret

New Metal Member
Mar 5, 2003
Bicester, Oxon, UK
Visit site
Hi all!

Been lurking around the forum for a while, and thought I'd finally join in - please be gentle with me!

Let me see now...I'm female, well out of my teens *snort*, play bass - any other bassists out there? - and have been into Saxon since about '89. Seen them four times, best memory? In around '95 - ish, they played Aylesbury, we were early and so I got my favourite position right down at the front.

There weren't many people there (unfortunately), and Biff stood at the front and said: "F*ck, this joint would rock if it were full!"

So we all howled and banged and stamped our feet, got a grin from The Man and were off again...brilliant night.

Met them at a signing in Reading in '91, was too shy to say much! But they were really nice. That was the time they were playing with Metal Church as support - we were at the front (again) and tried to pull their (MC's) lead singer into the crowd when he ran along the front touching hands.......ah, they were the days!

I'd love to see Saxon live again - but it looks like I'll have to go overseas to do it. :cry:

Whatever, speak to you all real soon!:D

Hi Ferret and Welcome. Bass player huh cool I'm a drummmer myself so.. do you like the Donnas? they got pretty good bassist in there own right.

BassFerret said:
Hi all!

Been lurking around the forum for a while, and thought I'd finally join in - please be gentle with me!

Let me see now...I'm female, well out of my teens *snort*, play bass - any other bassists out there? - and have been into Saxon since about '89. Seen them four times, best memory? In around '95 - ish, they played Aylesbury, we were early and so I got my favourite position right down at the front.

There weren't many people there (unfortunately), and Biff stood at the front and said: "F*ck, this joint would rock if it were full!"

So we all howled and banged and stamped our feet, got a grin from The Man and were off again...brilliant night.

Met them at a signing in Reading in '91, was too shy to say much! But they were really nice. That was the time they were playing with Metal Church as support - we were at the front (again) and tried to pull their (MC's) lead singer into the crowd when he ran along the front touching hands.......ah, they were the days!

I'd love to see Saxon live again - but it looks like I'll have to go overseas to do it. :cry:

Whatever, speak to you all real soon!:D
:) :)

Believe it or not, Metal Church is still out there. Last I heared they did an album on Blackheart Records (Joan Jett's label). Check out their webiste at www.metalchurch.com

yes, The Donnas are a fun band too. "Take It Off" is being played on U.S. radio. They sound alot like young Girlschool.

Metal Church still out there, huh? That night in Reading is the only time I've seen them (hands up who's been to Reading Rivermead. It's a bloody sports hall, and the acoustics suck!), and the memory still makes me smile.

There we were, a' hootin' and a' hollerin' for all we were worth - what's the point of being at the front if you don't make the band feel welcome? - when I felt something go whoosh over my head.

This happened several times, and I was really beginning to wonder what was going on.

The next time I felt (hearing beginning to disintegrate by this time) it, I saw what it was.

The bloody drummer was not only throwing sticks into the audience - fair play - but spinning the bastards on a flat trajectory! Christ knows if anyone got hurt, but they weren't half moving when they passed over me!

Happy times.

BTW, does anyone know if there are any Saxon bass tabs/sheet music out there? It's just for me to practice at home, not take out with a band or make any profit from. I'd love to play some of their stuff but am a bit (a lot) crap at working stuff out by ear!

As for the Donnas, I'll have to listen to them sometime...support the sisters in metal!

Peace

Oh, Nilion!

Oh, you darlin'!

cool.gif
headbob.gif
saint.gif

Thank You! Thankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyou!

*Great big hugs*

My man, I owe you a beer or three.

Hello . I think I went to the Rivermead when I went to Reading in 96 but I'm not sure the old brain was a bit frazzled.I seem to remember a big sprts hall like you say with lots of banging dance music but I suppose that could be anywhere.