MTV's top metal bands

SavaRon said:
I can't believe all the Pantera haters? :Smug:

It's better to be hated than ignored :heh:

NP: Liege Lord - 'Dark Tale'

If I did a metal's top 10 (not necessarily my favorite bands), it would be something like this :

Black Sabbath
Deep Purple
Judas Priest
Thin Lizzy
Iron Maiden
Metallica
Slayer
Bathory
Queensrÿche
Helloween

Ugh, 10 is not enough...

SavaRon said:
I know it never went away, but as far as mainstream popularity it was all but dead to the MTV and radio for that matter.

I can't believe all the Pantera haters? :Smug:

quote]

I think the list is great considering where it comes from and I also don't see why the bashing of Pantera. I didn't like the direction they went, but I thought "Cowboys From Hell" was earth-shattering and "Vulgar Display of Power" was pretty awesome as well.

Bryant

Bryant said:
I think the list is great considering where it comes from and I also don't see why the bashing of Pantera.
Bryant

Well I do.

*official Pantera-bashing club member* :heh:

Cowboys From Hell is a good album, and VDOP is just slightly better than mediocre. Anything after those two albums is crap.

Wyvern said:
Well I do.

*official Pantera-bashing club member* :heh:

I honestly only like the two releases I mentioned. However.... I really find it hard for people to hate "Cowboys From Hell." Then again, I am an official "GNR bashing club member" and lots of people like them.

Bryant

Funny...I didn't really care for Pantera after Vulgar either. FBD is OK. Definitely has it's moments. I don't have a problem with them being in the top 10, just not 5.

Same thing with Motorhead. I can't stand them, but they should probably be top 10. I would throw the Scorps in at #8 in a heartbeat though.

The only band that doesn't belong IMO is the Crue. Not enough quality material for my vote.

I dont dig Pantera, never had and I'm sure never will...

Dave Mustaine needs to stand proud, stop whinning and start laughing, Megadeth kick Hetfeild&co's ass!

I do really like The Crue and Im a little surprised to see people say they aren't/weren't metal - I guess I can see where they are coming from. Still, I probably wouldnt rate them in a top 10... *shrugs*

Platinum Maze said:
Same thing with Motorhead. I can't stand them, but they should probably be top 10.

Yeah around one :p :worship:

I love them so I understand that people like Pantera or GNR but hate them since it works for me the other way around.

NP: Attentat Rock - 'Fin De Siecle'