Mudvayne 10-7-03 review!

Aug 19, 2003
Cincinnati
www.geocities.com
The show last night was intense. Starting off with Fingertight who reaqlly rocked the house to start the show. They played new material and even came out and signed auto's and talked to fans. Unfortunately I only got to say hi instead of getting a long chat in with the drummer and singer.

V-Spahed Mind was up after them. They msotly did new stuff too. They were pretty unique and they were pretty good with the crowd. They got a lot of shouts from the crowd, not bad, but good. They were a pretty good band for this being the first time I have seen them. Toward the end of htier set Chüd from Mudvayne came out with a fake afro on and walking like a thug and sang with them. After their set they came out and talked to some fans and signed some stuff.

Then is was time for MuDvAyNe! They started off with the song "The End Of All Things To Come" which got me going really fast. The show was intense overall. Mudvayn'es set was about 1-1 1/2 hours. They played some new material that no one has heard yet. I didn't hear the song, but It was really melodic and sad sounding. When they got to "World So Cold" everyone started screaming all the words which was awesome. They got a great reaction, they said their best this tour. The last songs they did were "Not Falling" and "Dig" which were both singles off one of each respective album(not including T.B.O.A.T.T.C since it was remixes) and they got the crowd going home happy. I heard a lot of positive reaction. We got onto the street and as we walked down the street a massive Mudvayne chant started all the way down to the end off the street that the venue was on. It was the best show i've been to that is nu-metal.

The only thing that I disagree with is that you called them nu-metal. Yeah, they don't solo, and yeah there are some rap sections. But I think they are more like Rush metal, or math metal as they call it. No nu metal bands are as proficient musicians as Mudvayne.

I just said that because a lot of people keep fucking with me and telling me thier nu-metal. I think they are their own unique sound really. And I think metal should just be metal, I hate all these different catergories...

Damn you're lucky, I was supposed to go to the show in Austin on October 1st, but they rescheduled (I think because of PM5K, who dropped off the tour anyways) and I couldn't make it on the new date, so I got fucked over. Oh well, maybe I'll see them next time. As for the "nu-metal" comment, I refuse to categorize any band with that label, it doesn't even mean anything.