Casper Wyoming Show Review 7/27/06

naturalightdrinker

New Metal Member
Jul 28, 2006
Rob Zombie/Anthrax
Casper Events Center 7/27/06

The show was "Sold Out", but the stage was in the middle of the Events Center, but still a great crowd for Wyoming. I went to Unholy Alliance Tour with Slayer and Lamb of God the night before, then drove up to catch Zombie/Anthrax. Did meet three guys that had done the same thing.

Anthrax took the stage around 7:40, started with Be All, End All, great opener, the crowd really took to Anthrax, the way the band was playing it off was that Casper's crowd was really good, which you always wonder. I was on the Anthrax message board the past couple weeks and was disappointed with what they have been playing, but we got a great show! Went into Got the Time, Caught in a Mosh, and the place blew up for AntiSocial and Indians. This was my first show for the original Anthrax, I have seen them with Jon Bush about 8 years ago and loved it, with Joey, they reminded me of Iron Maiden for some reason, and Scott Ian was giving me visions of Kerry King from Slayer the night before. The entire band has the same shirt on with there last name and number on the back, which was cool. Overall just a great performance, they were dead on, sounded awesome, and the crowd loved it. I lost my pen after the second song so I had to remember the setlist but I think I am right. Anthrax keep going stong, definately one of the greatest metal bands of all time!!!
Setlist:
Be All, End All
Got the Time
Caught in a Mosh
AntiSocial
Indians
Skeletons in the Closet
I am the Law
Bring the Noise

After waiting in line for beer for 20 minutes, Rob hits the stage around 9:07, This was my 6th or 7th Zombie show, you can read my Denver review on the message board. First show with Piggy on bass, I would say he fits the part, not ripped like Blasko was, but was really into the show, and has a unique look. The band sounds better than ever, John 5 was dead on, they all came out in Skeleton masks for American Witch, then take them off except for John 5 for Demon Speeding. Almost the same show that I saw in April, except for the Sweet Dreams>Enter Sandman>Crazy Train medley they played. After the medly Rob says that you don't have to see Manson/Metallica or Ozzfest, you just got a taste of all of them for free. During Thunderkiss 65, John 5 breaks into a solo, the rest of the guys leave, then come back to break into the Star Spangled Banner, and Paranoid, then back to Thunderkiss 65. After Lords of Salem everyone started throwing Bras, hats, shoes, and someone hit Rob with some Ice and he got a bit pissed, but there were a lot of clothing on the stage, then threw them all back out during Feel So Numb. Overall a great show, I think the crowd was satisfied. The clips behind the band are always great at a Zombie show. 4 star night!
Setlist:

Intro theme to Halloween/Sawdust in the Blood
American Witch
Demon Speeding
Living Dead Girl
More Human than Human
Never Gonna Stop
House of 1000 Corpses
Let it all Bleed Out
SuperBeast
Super Charger Heaven
Foxy, Foxy
Sweet Dreams>Enter Sandman>Crazy Train
ThunderKiss 65
----------------------------------
Devils Rejects
Dragula
Lords of Salem
Feel So Numb

I must say that Anthrax was awesome. Only complaint... it sounded really muddled, not a good mix, the drums sounded like cardboard boxes and tupperware. I had good seats and was positioned well enough to hear a good mix but it wasn't there. Then Zombie came on and he sounded great. Same sound system yet two completely different mixes. That was a shame. I drove 492 miles round trip for this show because the Boulder show was cancelled. Please come back to Boulder!

I was disappointed that there was not a headliner date in Denver or Boulder...I would love to see them headline a show. Maybe in a couple months??? Casper is out in the middle of nowhere!

What great back to back nights, Slayer and Anthrax (along w/ Children of Bodom and Zombie)! Nice to hear that the show as sold-out.

I also saw both shows this summer but I got a break in between.

Casper was a great crowd. I don't give it up unless it's true. All these markets have been great for us; Fargo, Rapid City, Sioux Falls, and Billings. Billings was the best show so far!!! Next time we headline we will be sure to come through these cities.

I just got off the phone with a buddy who went to Billings show, said Anthrax sounded muffled and you couldn't hear what Joey was singing. I was up front in Casper so you can't really hear the sound to great, but I will say that Anthrax is a top five metal band of all time. Just buy the discs. I was so excited to see them and knew that songs that it might have helped. Anyways go and check either band out. My friend did say that Zombie was awesome!!!