Bridgeport review

Eddie NYC

Sep 29, 2005
Bottom line, I thought their show was great, but it really made me want to see them in a more intimate venue, or in a bigger market. The arena was maybe 1/2 full (at best), with a good turnout for Anthrax. I'd guess more than 3k but less than 5k people, but I'm a bad judge of these things. Maybe it's because I'm used to seeing shows in NYC, but 90% of the crowd was pretty boring except for the front of the floor. Kind of annoying, but it was this way for Priest, too. Can't wait to see a headline show.

The show itself was great. Anthrax's set was 10 times more energetic than Priest (no surpise) and it was great to see the guys running all around the stage. Scott, Joey, and Frank really did a good job of keeping the crowd in the show. Not sure, but it looked like Dan had some wireless problems at the beginning and played half of Among The Living behind the stage (we could see from our angle). Everything sounded good, and the setlist was what others wrote.

Really good show, just wish more people would have made it out there. Oh yeah, before I forget, the merchandising kind of sucked. Just two shirts (Dredd and Among the living) and a hooded shirt with the new logo. Same stuff from the website but basically 50%-75% marked up for the venue's cut. Nothing specific to this tour. Really wanted to get a shirt with the new log -love it!, but nothing there unless you wanted the hooded sweat shirt.

Eddie NYC said:
Bottom line, I thought their show was great, but it really made me want to see them in a more intimate venue, or in a bigger market. The arena was maybe 1/2 full (at best), with a good turnout for Anthrax. I'd guess more than 3k but less than 5k people, but I'm a bad judge of these things. Maybe it's because I'm used to seeing shows in NYC, but 90% of the pretty boring except for the front of the floor. Kind of annoying, but it was this way for Priest, too. Can't wait to see a headline show.

The show itself was great. Anthrax's set was 10 times more energetic than Priest (no surpise) and it was great to see the guys running all around the stage. Scott, Joey, and Frank really did a good job of keeping the crowd in the show. Not sure, but it looked like Dan had some wireless problems at the beginning and played half of Among The Living behind the stage (we could see from our angle). Everything sounded good, and the setlist was what others wrote.

Really good show, just wish more people would have made it out there. Oh yeah, before I forget, the merchandising kind of sucked. Just two shirts (Dredd and Among the living) and a hooded shirt with the new logo. Same stuff from the website but basically 50%-75% marked up for the venue's cut. Nothing specific to this tour. Really wanted to get a shirt with the new log -love it!, but nothing there unless you wanted the hooded sweat shirt.

Danny had techincal problems? No way! That NEVER happens!

I would like to add that Dan has been A LOT better on the solos. I saw him at Sayerville, and he mesed up a lot. When I saw them last week, he was actually spot on on most of the solos. I guess playing them every night has gotten him back into shape for lead :headbang: