Muldjord - debut album released!

elsenator

New Metal Member
Jul 22, 2011
I've spent the last year and a half on an album by my 1-man project 'Muldjord'. The album bears the title 'The Ignorant Crown' and contains 10 songs total with a running time of about 40 minutes.
I started recording it back in later Summer of 2010 and today I finally reached the finish line. Everything on the album was done by myself, including the final mix and master.

I'm still a beginner when it comes to music production. Throughout the process I have learned extremely many new things. For instance, I actually ended up reamping the guitars for this album 4 times! And 1 of those times, when I got down to the studio at the other end of the city, I had forgotten my Cubase USB key!!! That cost me some money for a cab. And that reamping didn't even end up as the final one, haha. Oh the good times...

But as I said, I learn all the time, and the finished product is something I am very proud of.

I hope you guys will give it a listen and comment. I would greatly appreciate that.

You can download the entire thing as either MP3, OGG or FLAC, free of charge, from http://www.muldjord.com.

I also have a couple of songs from the album up on Reverbnation:
http://www.reverbnation.com/muldjord

The new songs are, oddly enough, the ones marked with *NEW*.

Enjoy! :headbang:

Great work man. I downloaded in flac. Sounds pretty good. Close to professional productions. I would have used a bit more of low frequencies (boom) in the kick.
Nice compositions. Let it RIP could be my favourite followed by mosquitouuuuuuuuuuu
Sexy guitar tone, what amp did you use?

Sepulchrum is also a great band, I like it too. But the mix is exceeded in the low frequencies. Anyway, the guitar tone is pretty good.

Hey man, thanks!

And thank you for the suggestions. I've spend so much time mixing it that I ended up becoming deaf to the things that needed fixing. But I'm pretty happy how it turned out.

The guitar tone comes from a Peavey 6505+ connected to a 4x12inch Engl V30 cabinet. An SM57 on axis 1 cm off center and a t.bone rb500 on axis and maybe half a centimeter off center. Both very close to the grill and adjusted to minimize phasing issues. The EQ on the amp is something like Bass at 1 o'clock, mids at 11 o'clock and highs at 1 o'clock.

Sepulchrum hasn't been mixed by me. I'm not sure how Jacob Olsen (who mixed it for us) did that.