I have set my goal...(my debut album process)

Nice to see this is improving. I'm currently writing my debut EP, and I know how hard it is when you are all alone to stay motivated until the end.

Being motivated is not the hardest part, but because I have a bit of perfectionistic features, which then gets shot down by my fucking lousy musicianship and being a bit of a weak on the theory side, being creative enough not to make stuff that sounds mediocre/shitty material to yourself is the hardest part.

Out of those songs currently there, the first 6-8 songs are sounding good to me on song writing aspect as pre-prod demos, that I most likely won't change much on the final version (except the c-part on knucklehead and the lady, as they don't have the solos yet, and maybe change one riff slightly in the verse), but the ones after have some are that I'm not fully satisfied with.

Twenty and Pulse for example have really good ending, but I'm not fully digging the 60% of the song before it, when on Chrome I really dig the main riff, but I think I need to write like an additional pre-chorus or pre-verse to it, as the transitions are meh lame at the moment. And I really dig the main riff and verse of Cube, but the chorus and c-part are a bit lacking and I think I need to do something to them.

I also am going to add atleast "ghosts" to the list because it has one of my favourite riffs playing wise. I have made two versions of it, but I'm getting very mixed reactions on which one should I do, the varied or the more metal version. The metal guys usually like the latter version better, when the normal people like the other version.

So I have about 6-7 "good" riffs left that would be good for another 2-4 songs from this era, and after this project is finished, for the next era I want start with a new batch of riffs, because most of these riffs I made during the college years when I listened to a certain type of music like Pantera for example, which comes out pretty strong on the riffs.

In 2 years? Come on man! Also, try to make this into some concept sounding shit, so you don't end up with 20 songs sounding like they're from 20 different bands and 20 different albums, also, DO VOCALS. I'm so sick and tired of 50-60 minute instrumental shit that just doesn't stand out. I mean, when you don't do vocals, you lose both the voice of everything and the LYRICS, which are the most important thing in music (well, in almost all cases since shit has become so generic these days). It'll be like a painting with only the background, sorta. Well, those are my opinions. I think it's a great goal though, and I wish you the best of luck ;)

Alright, I made a new version of "ghosts" and renamed it... Comments please

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1338211/ahjteam/ahjteam_desertmines_v02.mp3

In 2 years? Come on man! Also, try to make this into some concept sounding shit, so you don't end up with 20 songs sounding like they're from 20 different bands and 20 different albums, also, DO VOCALS. I'm so sick and tired of 50-60 minute instrumental shit that just doesn't stand out. I mean, when you don't do vocals, you lose both the voice of everything and the LYRICS, which are the most important thing in music (well, in almost all cases since shit has become so generic these days). It'll be like a painting with only the background, sorta. Well, those are my opinions. I think it's a great goal though, and I wish you the best of luck ;)

Don't worry, I tried to make the stuff sound relatively similar genre wise to each other and the final version of the songs will have vocals in them. :)

Very interesting, i usually stop songs i hear on forums in like second 10, i just noticed i heard this one full, really good ideas man, oh and where did you get your sub's from? if it's not much to ask

Very interesting, i usually stop songs i hear on forums in like second 10, i just noticed i heard this one full, really good ideas man, oh and where did you get your sub's from? if it's not much to ask

what do you mean by subs? you mean the subdrops? I think it was something Gareth posted, just google "ultimatemetal subdrop samples" edit: this thread http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/andy-sneap/338662-bass-drop-sample.html

edit: btw, if someone missed the new version of Cube, it's here and it's a lot heavier than the old version:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1338211/ahjteam/ahjteam_cube_v03.mp3

thanks man, same i use, digging Cube song too, what are you using there for guitars? surely needs more clarity and it sounds detuned sometimes specially at the beggening of the solo and maybe at the end too but it's got something i like a lot, and the songwriting is dope, keep going man

thanks man, same i use, digging Cube song too, what are you using there for guitars? surely needs more clarity and it sounds detuned sometimes specially at the beggening of the solo and maybe at the end too but it's got something i like a lot, and the songwriting is dope, keep going man

I used podfarm and I dig the slight stoner type looseness of the tune.

the lack of clarity might have something to do with the fact that there is like 6 guitars playing at the same time. Also since I don't have my regular setup here at USA, I had to buy a temporary bass and guitar, and the bass just plain sucks and has old as fuck strings. The guitar on the other hand is okay, it's the second cheapest Kirk Hammett ESP LTD signature guitar but I fucked up with it before I was recording this... I accidentally put acoustic guitar strings to it and the cheap passive pups on it aren't the clearest ones in the world, and going out of tune has most likely to do with the acoustic strings and the fact that I just suck at playing lead stuff. But I recorded the demo anyway :Spin: