Mulit Firepod with Different latencies issue

ApolloSpeed

Oct 31, 2005
Texas
www.myspace.com
I was tracking some drums with my pods and all the sudden I got this problem where one firepod has got a wayyyy of latency from the other! Never had this happen before.:erk:

So 8 of my tracks are off when i record. They are nearly 377 ms off from the others.

Yes, both blue lights are on. Yes, new drivers on both. I've read the manual a few times. Googled. And I can't find any fix to my problem.

I tried to get Audition 1.5 to "Correct for Sync". But it tries to offset every track 377 ms.....not just the ones that are actually off.:zombie:

help me out guys. What am I doing wrong all the sudden?

no you see......it has worked before. I've recorded 5 complete songs with this setup. But no "for no apparent reason" one Firepod has 377 ms more latency than the other.

And I've narrowed it down to the same Firepod. I switched cables around and shit, and it is the same one that has the 377ms latency.

That is crazy man. What host program are you running, becouse if you using nuendo you could be having the tracks of the firepod in question's input latency offset

I'm using Audition 1.5

I tried Sonar 5 Trial, and the tracks seems to be inline ok.....but Sonar's output audio is all scrambled up. Sounds horrible! I messed with some buffers and settings, but never could get Sonar to sound right.

So, you think my problem is Audition1.5?

already tried that.
Still the same pod that is 377ms late.

I got an email for Presonus, they want me to download this Ieee driver from MS.... and they gave me a checklist for setting up my system. Also, they want me to try the trial versions of some different DAWs.....and see if that has any effect.

So, I'm gonna try Audition 2.0, Nuendo, and Cubase.

I guess, I'll try all this tonight, and see what happens.:erk:

ok guys......an update.

I'm trying Audition 2.0 now, up from 1.5......and it seems to have fixed my Firepod issue!:)

I'm guessing it has something to do with the Asio driver support that 1.5 didn't have!:Smug:

Now, time for a learning curve on the new software.....lots of new stuff on this update. Looks waayyyy different from 1.5 But, looks easier than the trial Sonar5 and Cubase I've tried.:loco: