need help w/presonus firepod

cobrahead1030

Nov 16, 2005
not sure if anyone else uses or is familiar with this interface, but we just ours today, and it's giving me a fit.

i installed the drivers, etc. hoping i could use the unit in adobe audition. adobe recognizes the hardware, and all the inputs, but when i try to record i get no sound. does anyone if there's some type of update or something i may need, or a setting that i may have to change?

i also tried installing cubase le (which came with the firepod) i was able to record just fine there, but when i try to export an audio mixdown i get an error message before it even tries to mix down my recordings. any idea what's causing this?

thanks in advance to anyone who may be able to help out, i spent a good 3 hours with it tonite and got nowhere...my band is supposed to start tracking drums in about 2 weeks and we REALLY need this unit up and running if at all possible

Audio is errer is probably due to the fact that you don't have the locators set right:

Picture1.png

This two arrow should encompase what you want to exsport.

However I would either call pre sonus or dick around thier website and figure out how to record into audition, as it is alot better than cubase LE.

i'll try that thing with the locators then, thanks for the screenshot

i tried going thru the cubase manual last night (i only got a pdf version, not a hard copy) but didn't find anything that explained what i was wanting to know. you'd think an error message like this would be in the troubleshooting/faq section

thanks again tho

Man I love having a Mac that just works. :p

Seriously though, I'm 99.9% positive it's the locators. Make sure when you drag the arrow over to the end of the song that the line it creates is blue, and not red. Should do the trick. If not, invest in a Mac. :lol:

~e.a