Firepod latency issues

ApolloSpeed

Oct 31, 2005
Texas
www.myspace.com
Hey heys, I've been having problems with crackles and pops when I record with my firepods. This apparently just came outta no where. I can move my latency from 6ms all the way to 18ms and it is still there.... I used to record on 8ms no problem. Now I can't

I downloaded an ASIO tester and it gave me a round trip of 28.53 ms with the pods set on 10ms. Does that sound off???

What do I do? I have the latest drivers installed on the pods.:erk:

Do you use the same computer you are recording with to browse the web? sounds like you have shit eating away at your RAM/prossecor, which would start giving you problems like that. Do a fresh install of Winblows with NO added programs, and I bet you will see better latency....

no lightpipe.....its all firewire

my tester is Centrance ASIO utility......its a free download

let me know what you get.

You gotta put a 1/4 cable between the line out 1 into the mic 1.....it loops a signal and reads the ms timing

did that happen before you installed driver v2.14.25?

I was using the driver v1.20 with 3ms on the FP Control Panel and cubase reported 3,5 at Input and Output.

When I updated the driver to v2.42 I got a latency increase.

I installed the v1.20 on a laptop and got the same 3,5ms @I/O for the 3ms setting so I'm gonna got back to driver v1.20 on my desktop.

But in your case I don't think you can go back to driver v1.20 because it only supports 1 firepod I think.

Asio tester gave me:
16.35ms with 4.0ms latency
28.41ms with 10ms latency
56.39ms with 24ms latency

As you can see, we have the same results.
The problem is that if I choose a latency lower than 4.0ms, firepod take 4.0ms as minimum latency...I'll ask on the presonus forum

Asio tester gave me:
16.35ms with 4.0ms latency
28.41ms with 10ms latency
56.39ms with 24ms latency

As you can see, we have the same results.
The problem is that if I choose a latency lower than 4.0ms, firepod take 4.0ms as minimum latency...I'll ask on the presonus forum

so maybe I don't have a latency problem then?? wierd..... I tracked some guitars today with no pops or crackles. I was using two mic inputs.

But maybe because I tracked drums with 14 tracks at once, the pod was having a hard time, cause that is when I got the crackles!:erk: I'm confused!!!:zombie:

well....I still got crackles on recording two tracks. I just tracked some more guitars this morning and I'm still getting them...... damnit I don't know what to do.:erk: It seems to get worst every time I record.

I'm using Xp, Audition2.0 with a e6600 Intel core2duo.

I set the cpu to High....and set to 10ms.....still got crackles, even when I use only one of the 2 Firepod I have.

I probably dont have latency problems being you got the same latency results I did. Maybe a hardware, firewire cables, or computer problem then huh?