Cool wee discovery regarding Revalver MKii

-Gavin-

Gavornator
Jul 21, 2003
Oulu, Finland
If this is obvious then excuse me but i found a cool way to MAJORLY reduce cpu load using Revalver.

IF, you're like me and make the patch you want before you record and rarely tweak after... (I'm used to real amps/pods) then i, by accident, discovered that if i had revalver standalone loaded AND sonar 6, if i recorded in sonar, i could record at minimal latency, minimal CPU load (only one instance open) AND it prints the distorted track directly so no fannying around, waiting for it to freeze or anything.

I prefer using WDM drivers in Sonar as i get better stability that way although i get better latency with ASIO so this way, i can use asio with Revalver standalone and then record with WDM in Sonar.

If this is widely known/in the revalver documentation, sorry. I never reasd that stuff! :D

ah, but this doesn't act as "Record what you hear".

Even with drums/bass/other guitars going, this ONLy prints the revalver track.

In Reaper:
right click on record enable icon
select record output

Voila !

Here, lad, i know you don't drink but i have a few days in Katowice with friends before starting my festival journey south.

Up for hooking up in the brewery? Even for food? I'll buy you a coke! :lol:

ah, but this doesn't act as "Record what you hear".

I does !
With proper routing !

Even with drums/bass/other guitars going, this ONLy prints the revalver track.

I thought that was what you wanted :loco:

Here, lad, i know you don't drink but i have a few days in Katowice with friends before starting my festival journey south.

Up for hooking up in the brewery? Even for food? I'll buy you a coke! :lol:

No ! :heh:

It may be totally alien to you, but even the smell of beer/alcohol makes me sick - i would probably throw up (cigarette smoke will multiply the chance by 10) hehehe :lol:

That and lately i don't have any time for anything except trying to break out of poverty :cry:

I does !
With proper routing !

I thought that was what you wanted :loco:

I meant my method. :lol:

I dunno what reaper does or if "record output" turns it into soundblaster "what u ehar" thing or not.

No ! :heh:

It may be totally alien to you, but even the smell of beer/alcohol makes me sick - i would probably throw up (cigarette smoke will multiply the chance by 10) hehehe :lol:

That and lately i don't have any time for anything except trying to break out of poverty :cry:

Awwch, baws.

I can attest that trains in Poland aren't the best (but I liked Krakow), but they're even worse in Slovakia. Nice machine guns the soldiers on the trains have too....

My reason for dislike is i got the 4.30am train from Katowice to Kraków.

My polish bro was taking my dutch friend to ther airport as she's less experienced in travel....

so, on the train, pitch black outside, middle of fucking no where, i ask the guy "where's kraków airport?" he replies "ahhh! next stop!" so, i think "cool".

Train stops
doors open
guy comes "right, off here".

It's the middle of fucking nowhere in a misty forest with like 3 old women walking along the track...

"not a chance man, i need to go to kraköw!"
"THIS IS KRAKÓW!"

"Naw it isnae you lying cunt!"

So we went back, sat down.

30mins later, first sign of elaving the country side, we see a sitgn for kraków!".

That dodgy cunt! :lol:

My reason for dislike is i got the 4.30am train from Katowice to Kraków.

My polish bro was taking my dutch friend to ther airport as she's less experienced in travel....

so, on the train, pitch black outside, middle of fucking no where, i ask the guy "where's kraków airport?" he replies "ahhh! next stop!" so, i think "cool".

Train stops
doors open
guy comes "right, off here".

It's the middle of fucking nowhere in a misty forest with like 3 old women walking along the track...

"not a chance man, i need to go to kraköw!"
"THIS IS KRAKÓW!"

"Naw it isnae you lying cunt!"

So we went back, sat down.

30mins later, first sign of elaving the country side, we see a sitgn for kraków!".

That dodgy cunt! :lol:

He told you the truth ! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Kraków Balice airport is about 10 miles before Kraków if you are traveling from Katowice !

Look !