Disincarnate

I'm but a wave to...
Jun 20, 2005
New Delhi,India
Im thinking about buying a multi-effect processor my options at the moment are

zoom 2.1 u or b1x
digitech bp 80
line 6 bass floor pod(outer limit)

im kinda unsure of what to go for.I need a few effects like a wah,octaver,chorus,flanger,phaser etc so i think multieffect processor are a smater way to go.

also what effects does the Hippie use?? it used to be listed on the old site...dont remeber now though.

For effects I still use stomp boxes, all by DOD.
FX62 Stereo Chorus
FX72 Stereo Flanger
FX35 Octoplus
FX25B Envelope Filter

My amp has a second channel than can be blended or used separate for distortion, so I don't have a distortion or fuzz pedal. And I don't believe in compression for live shows and there is always way-too-plenty of that in the studio.

I have also discovered that DOD only exists under the Digitech name and does not make the pedals I like. I bought an envelope filter of the Digitech version, X-Series Bass Synth Wah, and it is not even close to the killer DOD one I've used for years, plus it didn't last long anyway breaking soon after I got it. So for a replacement to the DOD one that just broke, I sought out one on ebay. A risk, but still an option. The one that I bought was cherry and I'm back on track. But I will have to replace at least one or two of the others real soon, kinda depressing to think I can't get a hold of brand new stuff.

I use a Line 6 Bass POD, not the floor or the rack mount but what they call the desktop version. But that's for home recording.

Actually I'm glad you brought this up. I am thinking about having a custom stomp box, or multi-pedal custom made for production. Would you buy one too? What all would you like to have available in a single unit effects pedal?

If it had chorus, flanger, wah or envelope filter, octaver, distortion and maybe some kind of boost or eq boost. I mean that would pretty much cover all the standard applications. Or does anyone have any ideas...? I am close to having something made, so if anyone is interested in using a SDG brand effects, chime in and lets see how many I need to put into production.

SDG

My initial thoughts are:

For EQ it would be nice if it was a programmable octave EQ, but with presets. So you program it once and have say three presets you can go to on stage.

In addition, an adjustable low pass filter like the Alembic on-board preamps have would be nice.

Besides that your list sounds perfect, chorus, flanger, wah or envelope filter, octaver, distortion. Of course the distortion should be a tube emulator kind of thing.
- SoM

that be super cool if you could have some custom made pedals Steve. I would buy one for sure, it wouldn't matter to me what kind of pedal it is.

This sounds like a really cool idea. I'd definatly pick one up.

The presets sound like a good idea, that way you can easily change your settings with just a little tap, and withouth having to bend down and start turning knobs to their exact position.

Maybe some sort of synth as well? Something Moog-ey?