Multi effects for live vocals

Lee_B

Readin' me posts are ya?
May 16, 2001
Surbiton. The Posh bit
www.elitistrecords.co.uk
I'm in the market for a decent rack unit that has stuff on it like reverb, delay, etc, etc. Just an all-in-one option that won't break the bank. Perhaps something a little older that still cuts the mustard and that I might be able to find used?

I've seen units from Zoom, Boss, Digitech and loads more, but I don't want to go for the one with the most flashing lights (that only works with amps..) and end up with a lemon.

Any suggestions?

ta

I've used an ART SGE before, sounded cool. Not an absolute recommendation, this was 5 years or so ago, there may be newer stuff that blows it away.
I just looked there's one on ebay just now in fact a later version than the one I had.
Input will be unbalanced on most low-cost units, of course which is not ideal for mic. And no venue anywhere will have an XLR to TS jack cable in the house.
BTW if you plan to use OD or distortion live, you'll need to split the mic and send clean to the monitors and keep the dirty front-of-house only, or else squalling feedback will occur. (You probably knew that - but I didn't the first time I tried it :ill: )
The radio mic I used had both XLR and jack outs so I used that for splitting the mic signal.
Hope you get what you need dude :)

Steer clear of the purplr DigiTech vocal pedal thing, it's a piece of crap. The effects sound awful and are all wildly different volumes, and the switching seems to take forever for some effects. The one I used (not mine thank God) never made it to the stage, but I'm not convinced it would last long if it did - it didn't look very well built either.

Steve

Lee_B said:
I'm in the market for a decent rack unit that has stuff on it like reverb, delay, etc, etc. Just an all-in-one option that won't break the bank. Perhaps something a little older that still cuts the mustard and that I might be able to find used?

I've seen units from Zoom, Boss, Digitech and loads more, but I don't want to go for the one with the most flashing lights (that only works with amps..) and end up with a lemon.

Any suggestions?

ta

Hi there!!

What's your budget?
From the 3 you've mentioned I would go for the Boss unit:

But you can always look for TC Electronics or Lexicon units if you're looking for decent & quality efx.

I would recommend checking eBay for a TC Electronics unit. M-One or G-Major. Both are great units and have unblemished track records with musicians.

~006

006 said:
I would recommend checking eBay for a TC Electronics unit. M-One or G-Major. Both are great units and have unblemished track records with musicians.

~006

so the GMajor works well for vocals, too?

I plan to buy one for my guitar-rig somewhen in the future, if its cool for vocals, too, then thats another big plus (I have a band where I only do vocals)