Multi effects processors

Krondor

Jan 16, 2008
Finland
So what do you guys think of guitar multi effects processors like Boss' GT-8...?

Haven't really played much with those so can't say much, but some of them actually sound pretty decent. So share some expirience you've had with these multi thingies. Are they any good? Can you recommend something for me?

Personally, I like the boss 'GT' series. They sound excellent. You can find them cheap on ebay (GT-6 or 8). However, whatever you do, don't get any of the Digitech GNX pedals. They sound terrible.

http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/musicians-corner/381988-multi-effect-pedals.html

some discussion there.

it's hard to reccomend anything to you based on as little as you are telling us :). What effects are you going to be using the most and for what kind of music? Are you going to be gigging a lot or mostly just using it at home or in a studio? What kind of gear do you currently have that you'll be using this with? etc.

I'm not a fan of Boss. I've heard great things about the value of the Zoom G2's, G7 or G9. I know...it's Zoom, but my brother swears by the bass version and all the reviews I've read praise them...mucho bang for the buck. USB interface and Cubase software.

Both are great. G-major has great effects, but the unit itself seems to have some reliability issues (based on a bunch of reviews I've read...not first hand experience). The G-system is pretty nifty too...having finally played one a while back, I didn't like it as much as I thought I would though. Great concepts and functionality, but there are several aspects that could really be improved. For the price, I wouldn't get one at least until that stuff is taken care of. That said...I'm leaning more and more to the "single-effects" end of the spectrum anyway.

Im not a big effects guy, but I hear that TC Electronic G-Force and G-Major are supposed to be pretty sweet.

I have a digital delay and a clean boost...that's it for my effects.

The TC Electronic stuff is supposed to be great...never used it though. I just figured the Zoom stuff was good quality for a very low price.

It's funny...I really like the Roland Cube models and effects(except for the lack of controls), but cannot stand any Boss effects pedal I have ever tried.

Had my GMajor for about 5 years now, never had a problem with. For $400 you get A LOT out of this unite, the patch switching is very smooth going from channel to channel, has all the effects you need, how much of effect signal go thru you mix, etc etc. Lots of stuff to learn and use that's for sure.

Had my GMajor for about 5 years now, never had a problem with. For $400 you get A LOT out of this unite, the patch switching is very smooth going from channel to channel, has all the effects you need, how much of effect signal go thru you mix, etc etc. Lots of stuff to learn and use that's for sure.

Never priced one, but I thought they were more expensive...not bad! I've only heard good things.

You might have been confusing it with the G-force. But yeah...Gmajor is only 399 new. If shopping used...it's well within reason to be able to pick up a Gmajor and a good midi foot controller for under 600. That with a good amp amounts to a pretty killer setup IMO. If my amp had external switching (i.e. it could be hooked up to the Gmajor so I could control amp channels and effects with one footcontrol), I would've gone this route a good while ago.

I have a G Major too, and it's awesome for the price (in comparison to the high-end G-Force, anyway). TCE stuff is always higher priced. I haven't yet had time to delve into getting my MC-1 to control everything (MP-1 and G Major patches), but someday intend to.