Alexi Guitar tone / Multi effects!

COBFREAK

Jan 11, 2007
Do you have any multi effect and try out to achieve Alexi's unique guitar tone?
So I think is not a bad idea to share your patches for various guitar multi effects if you get succeed to resample Alexi's foocking guitar tone!
:headbang:

Settings will be different on every amp or effects pedal. Also considering different guitars, pickups and woods etc. If you want his tone, just get yourself a Lee Jackson Perfect Connection preamp and VHT power amp.

Settings would be something like:

Low bass, high mids, high treble, high presence and high gain. Alexi actually has his gain on full but it's not too distorted because of his passive pickups so you'd probably be best off lowering yours to around 6-7. Alexi has probably raised his bass level since HB and FtR, HCDR has a much heavier tone throughout.

The closest I've got to it is this:

Putfile - KtS solo rhythm guitars
Putfile - Bodom After Midnight 11
Putfile - Needled 247 99

Used a Line 6 Spider II and I pretty much dialed in the settings that I wrote above.

Low bass, high mids, high treble, high presence and high gain.
These helped me a lot, Thanks a million!

Also your attempt on "Bodom After Midnight 11" is really remarkable! you really catched his tone! Please kindly let me know what is your guitar and pickups ?!

These helped me a lot, Thanks a million!

Also your attempt on "Bodom After Midnight 11" is really remarkable! you really catched his tone! Please kindly let me know what is your guitar and pickups ?!

For that song I used a BC Rich Warlock that had BC Rich stock pickups in it. It's now actually got a Jackson JC-50 BC. :D (Thanks to Ben Johnson).

on my line 6 spider II i put the drive to 8, bass to 4, mid to 9, treble to 7 and channel volume to 10, with passive pickups too. Works for me.

Settings will be different on every amp or effects pedal. Also considering different guitars, pickups and woods etc. If you want his tone, just get yourself a Lee Jackson Perfect Connection preamp and VHT power amp.

Low bass, high mids, high treble, high presence and high gain. Alexi actually has his gain on full but it's not too distorted because of his passive pickups so you'd probably be best off lowering yours to around 6-7. Alexi has probably raised his bass level since HB and FtR, HCDR has a much heavier tone throughout.

Putfile - Needled 247 99

Used a Line 6 Spider II and I pretty much dialed in the settings that I wrote above.

Can you help me out With line 6? i have this model http://www.imuso.co.uk/directory/images/reviewpix/line-6-spider-ii-112.JPG . I Tried to lower the bass and put midi high "high presence and high gain" i cannot find those o_O or then i'm totally out :D

Can you help me out With line 6? i have this model http://www.imuso.co.uk/directory/images/reviewpix/line-6-spider-ii-112.JPG . I Tried to lower the bass and put midi high "high presence and high gain" i cannot find those o_O or then i'm totally out :D

Well that's just the same amp I used except that's the smaller version.

First thing is to turn the first knob to "Red Metal". Don't use "Green Insane" because it's far too overdriven and sounds terrible. Then put the channel volume at full. Gain is distortion and presence isn't on that amp so don't worry about that. Since I said put it on red metal, you'd probably need to pull the distortion on full because that channel is pretty dry to start with.

Then you just need to experiement with the bass/mid/treble until you get something you like but you can use the template settings I gave because that's what I remember using. Good luck.

Well that's just the same amp I used except that's the smaller version.

First thing is to turn the first knob to "Red Metal". Don't use "Green Insane" because it's far too overdriven and sounds terrible. Then put the channel volume at full. Gain is distortion and presence isn't on that amp so don't worry about that. Since I said put it on red metal, you'd probably need to pull the distortion on full because that channel is pretty dry to start with.

Then you just need to experiement with the bass/mid/treble until you get something you like but you can use the template settings I gave because that's what I remember using. Good luck.

thanks man :) i got little bit same kind of sound what they used on AYDY, Well trying to work out it little bit :p

Putfile - Needled 247 99

awesome,
does the Line 6 Spider 75 HD have everything you need to get that sound? cuz im low on cash and that one doesn't cost that much so.

awesome,
does the Line 6 Spider 75 HD have everything you need to get that sound? cuz im low on cash and that one doesn't cost that much so.

I'm sure it would do if it's practically the same amp. You just need to know the sound you want and then have the patience to sit and find it. I gave the settings I used so it shouldn't be too much trouble.