guitar-technic-alexi-freak-thread

Originally posted by Suatana
Hey! Thats damn cleanly played. Awesome work! How long have you played?

Thanks,
I started 10 yeras ago with classic guitar! e-guitar I'm playing since 6 yeras I think! In the beginning I just played Metallica and after it Blind Guardian! Well I think now I've found my hero (Alexi, of course, hehehe!)

Thilo, that warheart solo sounds awesome! I havn't been able to learn many bodom solo's because my guitar lacks the 24th fret. I just ordered a jackson soloist with blue ghost flames from their custom shop a couple weeks ago though. I can't wait!

How do you do that squeel thing at the beginning? is it a harmonic that you bend and release then bend and release again? I was always unsure of how that was done. I can't really get the same sound on the 22nd fret.

I have a recording of the downfall solo i recorded about a year ago.. ill see if i can find it and post it.

Here is something i wrote a few months ago. click here. This isn't cob related but this looks like a good place to post it. I wrote everything in that song myself and played it myself. The drums and bass are midi though. I tabbed them into guitar pro and recorded the playback. Then i played along with it and record the 3 guitar parts.

Slay ye later.

Originally posted by chainek
Thilo, that warheart solo sounds awesome! I havn't been able to learn many bodom solo's because my guitar lacks the 24th fret. I just ordered a jackson soloist with blue ghost flames from their custom shop a couple weeks ago though. I can't wait!

How do you do that squeel thing at the beginning? is it a harmonic that you bend and release then bend and release again? I was always unsure of how that was done. I can't really get the same sound on the 22nd fret.

I have a recording of the downfall solo i recorded about a year ago.. ill see if i can find it and post it.

Here is something i wrote a few months ago. click here. This isn't cob related but this looks like a good place to post it. I wrote everything in that song myself and played it myself. The drums and bass are midi though. I tabbed them into guitar pro and recorded the playback. Then i played along with it and record the 3 guitar parts.

Slay ye later.

Wow, a Jackson Soloist from the custom shop. Great choise!

Well, I just have 22 frets! I played the solo two halfnotes lower in D (C in the usual tune)! Thats all! I think I will reconstruct my guitar, but it will be expensive, so I wait until I have enough money for a new guitar!

Great stuff you play! Good work! Sometimes a bit dissharmonic!

Can you say me the minute or the the time, where this squeel thing is (the time of my recording or the time in the orginal warheart) I don't really know what you mean!

On the recording you made the squeel i was talking about is at 0:09 - 0:10.

Yeah, on that song i wrote it sounds a little weird on parts. I was trying to give it more of a cradle of filth style. If I can add vocals to it, it might not sound so repetative.

I can't find that downfall solo recording i made a long time ago either. I don't think i can play it anymore. The recording probably sounded horrible anyways :D

cya

sorry to nitpick, but a "pinch" harmonic is normally done with a fretted note by just choking your thumb up on the pick over a significant harmonic interval, and is bent with the fretting hand. whammy bars are traditionally used to bend natural harmonics

damn I'm pedantic:)

Originally posted by fridaY13th
i mean, he is using a whammy bar in the song, i think. I dont mean do pinched harmonics with a whammy :) sorry for not making myself clear

Sorry again??? I didn't get anything!
This very high note I did not play while pressing the string! It is an note were I just touch the string for a moment on the b-string fret 17! Then I pull down the floyd rose tremolo! Alexi use to do it every fucking solo! Remember I played the solo in D!

Ahh, thanks. I just figured it out. Yeah, it's a natural harmonic then a dive and return and dive again on the whammy bar. I havn't been able to get the same sound yet though. I've been doing it on the 22nd fret. I'm tuned to D also but im not trying to play it a full step down. I think it has to be done on the 24th fret. I'll have to wait until i get my new guitar to find out.

Cya