Multitracks - Provide the best mix, and get paid to mix the album

Greetings from Russia, St. Petersburg! ;)
Your song is very good, but the recording of the guitars is very bad.:cry:
I tried to make a good mix with these guitars.
I hope you like my sound, my view on the mix.

I hope we'll work together again. :)

Attachments

• Part.mp3
    8.2 MB · Views: 12
Hi @scagg486,
What a nice song !

Would have liked to spent a bit more time on it, but deadline is deadline,
So here is my try :
https://dl.dropbox.com/s/05rpbdmjcyk05vn/0330 Mix2 Part of Me MASTER.mp3

Really surprised to hear the kind of results you can achieve with 100% VSTis instruments.
Was it an artistic choice, as you liked that kind of sound, or more some kind of limitation ?

In the end I think it works pretty well and it's pretty convincing ; at least it doesn't prevent from enjoying a great song like this one.
I believe these killer vocals helps a lot with this too.

Hope you'll find a mix you like,
Looks like you have a great pool of different flavours in here.
Good luck !

First off, I think that your original mix is really good! On par if not better than some I've heard in this forum, so don't sell yourself short. That being said, I really wanted to take a stab at this killer song. I just saw this post today, so I cranked this out faster than I wanted, but I had to get it in before the 31st! Here is my mix and master, let me know what you all think!

Last edited:
Hi @scagg486,

Really surprised to hear the kind of results you can achieve with 100% VSTis instruments.
Was it an artistic choice, as you liked that kind of sound, or more some kind of limitation ?
Definitely a limitation, as I don't play guitar at all. Not a single note. LOL!

Reactions: TRUIE
First of all, I want to say I am BLOWN AWAY by the amount of responses to this thread and the talent contained within. There definitely were some absolutely amazing sounds in here. It made me rethink a lot of things and how I prefer a lot of the 'darker' sounding mixes. I hope you all had a lot of fun mixing this song!!

As a result of the submissions, I have actually decided to go with the mix that I have attached below (my own revised mix). The decision was more based around personal preference and a couple of other production elements that I wanted to incorporate to try to get a clear commercial-grade sound (or at least as close as I could come with my small studio). :)

There are a few members that I am going to reach out to separately regarding some upcoming work, and I look forward to connecting more with the community here! Cheers everyone and thank you times a million!

Reactions: TRUIE and Dans
First of all, I want to say I am BLOWN AWAY by the amount of responses to this thread and the talent contained within. There definitely were some absolutely amazing sounds in here. It made me rethink a lot of things and how I prefer a lot of the 'darker' sounding mixes. I hope you all had a lot of fun mixing this song!!

As a result of the submissions, I have actually decided to go with the mix that I have attached below (my own revised mix). The decision was more based around personal preference and a couple of other production elements that I wanted to incorporate to try to get a clear commercial-grade sound (or at least as close as I could come with my small studio). :)

There are a few members that I am going to reach out to separately regarding some upcoming work, and I look forward to connecting more with the community here! Cheers everyone and thank you times a million!

That's your own mix?

Yes, this one is my mix. Let me know any thoughts! :)
Very good mix, clear and punchy!

But you just made everyone work for nothing, mate.
I personnaly mix for fun as a non-professionnal, and I know some guys are like me, mixing and taking fun.
But here you were promising money, and some guys worked hard and spend time for it, and at the end, nobody wins.
Seems a bit like a deception.

Anyway, I hope this doesn't sound rude.

Very good mix, clear and punchy!

But you just made everyone work for nothing, mate.
I personnaly mix for fun as a non-professionnal, and I know some guys are like me, mixing and taking fun.
But here you were promising money, and some guys worked hard and spend time for it, and at the end, nobody wins.
Seems a bit like a deception.

Anyway, I hope this doesn't sound rude.
It doesn't sound rude, and you're entitled to your own opinion. I appreciate the feedback.

I think I messed up the vocals? Slightly faded? I don't typically mix with vocals. Anyways good practice for me and yes I named it exactly as yours, so I can find it easily; rewrite. And to be honest your mix was fine, just had to be cleaned up slightly of some clipping issues. Most of your mix was professional-grade pretty much.

Attachments

• Demo10a3.mp3
    8.2 MB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Hello.
The original mix sounds like a demo, I made the sound more commercial)
Good arrangement and good vocal!