Multitracks - Provide the best mix, and get paid to mix the album

scagg486

New Metal Member
May 15, 2014
Greetings all!

I haven't been on here in a while, but definitely a fan of reading the discussions on here and seeing how much talent is in this group. I have a solo project that is in need of someone in this group to provide a mix of my latest track -- and if selected by me, will be chosen to mix the entire album in a paid deal.

All of the stems (except my vocals, of course) are virtual instruments. I have provided all of the DI as well as the amped tracks. The reference mix that I made is here:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1RSgcsnJjmOcnKBfhZrg6HW59G4CfxJH1

...And here are the stems:

Full Stems (DI for Guitars and Bass):
https://drive.google.com/open?id=18xhgng_ZMd5OMvNGrSXTIr4WKwwEJ310

ZIP file with just the amped Guitars and Bass:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1OdMjX2wn05VWrCBrWzScJX8r8DAWnBv3

Thanks for the reply, Taurean. Overall, I feel that I just lack the proper equipment to get that polished sound. I am hoping to get something bright and heavy at the same time. Having a different set of ears that can provide samples of things that me as the songwriter didn't think of is key to expanding the horizon of possibilities.

If I may ask, what was your first impression of the mix I did (as I'm somewhat of an amateur at mixing)? Did it sound decent or polished to you, or do you think there's a lot of room for improvement?

Your original mix is really good. I wouldn't spend money on someone else if I don't have to. Also it's not the equipment.

I'd say just tweak a bit more and you will have a satisfying end result.

Thanks for the reply, Taurean. Overall, I feel that I just lack the proper equipment to get that polished sound. I am hoping to get something bright and heavy at the same time. Having a different set of ears that can provide samples of things that me as the songwriter didn't think of is key to expanding the horizon of possibilities.

If I may ask, what was your first impression of the mix I did (as I'm somewhat of an amateur at mixing)? Did it sound decent or polished to you, or do you think there's a lot of room for improvement?

It definitely sounds more than decent. It's very good. You started with a nice song/arrangements and that's the most important thing.
I'll try a quick mix that might illustrate my view of the mix. It's better than listing things here that might even come as nitpicking (and they probably are since I already said you mix is very good. hahaha)

Your original mix is really good. I wouldn't spend money on someone else if I don't have to. Also it's not the equipment.

I'd say just tweak a bit more and you will have a satisfying end result.
Thanks, Lupus!

It definitely sounds more than decent. It's very good. You started with a nice song/arrangements and that's the most important thing.
I'll try a quick mix that might illustrate my view of the mix. It's better than listing things here that might even come as nitpicking (and they probably are since I already said you mix is very good. hahaha)
Good to hear! Thank you!

I think your mix sounds just fine. I mean you could tweak if you want, that's if you're looking for something specific. But that was primarily why I asked my initial question, because listening to it I was thinking this mix is pretty good actually!

I think your mix sounds just fine. I mean you could tweak if you want, that's if you're looking for something specific. But that was primarily why I asked my initial question, because listening to it I was thinking this mix is pretty good actually!
Oh wow! OK, thanks! Good to hear that kind of feedback!

your mix is really good
but i can't miss a chance to dabble in mixes
this was hella fun (critique me aswell please)

your mix is really good
but i can't miss a chance to dabble in mixes
this was hella fun (critique me aswell please)

I'll let the real experts weigh in, but listening to that mix put a whole different spin on it, in a dark and satisfying kind of way. Especially during the big hit at 2:28. That was my favorite part. I like that you didn't shy away from the louder harmony vocals. The guitars compete with the vocals a little much at 0:36, but I really enjoyed listening to this!

Guys, these are all sounding great! Keep ‘em coming! Lots of talent in here. So many different flavors too!