Muse - Black Holes and Revelations

Spruce Goose

Then Goose me up woman!
Apr 17, 2001
Sydney
scholar.uws.edu.au~13326874
Holy crap.. what an album. A little different to the previous albums... Absolution is an absolute masterpiece and is pretty hard to top. I don't know if they have done it with Black Holes and Revelations, but it is a very, very solid & different album. A little bit more of an electronic feel on a few of the songs, but the rest just f*%king rock!

Took me a few spins to start digging it but now I'm loving it. One of the Highlights so far is the softer Invincable, which is similar in feeling to both Falling Away With You & Endlessly (off absolution). The second half of the album and inparticular the last 4 songs are very strong.. You have ghotsly noises and spannish horns and a HUUUUGE Queen vocal influence on the last track before the best riff of 2006 kicks in! Knights of Cydonia is the name of the last song.. D/L it if you wanna, but just go and buy the album. These boys are awesome.

They will be at Big Day Out too so fingers crossed the'll play their own dates too

Yep.
Heard an interview with Matt Bellamy on JJJ and there is also an interview in the latest drum media magazine in sydney.

Paraphrased below:

Any plans to tour Australia?

Yeah definately. We will be there for the big day out. It's one of my favorite tours cause you get to see the country etc. I have relatives in Australia so I will probably spend Xmas down there and then do the shows in January

So they're actually a good band then? I've always steered clear of them because they're popular and I figured they'd therefore be duds, but I saw a bit of their DVD at JB and the guitarist was shredding quite wonderfully. Maybe I'll check em out. Perhaps.

Dont like muse really

On the topic of BDO, i heard that Tool could be headlining

Listened to it last night. I quite liked it, but didn't find it as great as Absolution on first listen. Probably better than some of their previous stuff though.

It is weird, for a large part of the album, it is like they have replaced the negative elements of their sound with a kind of romantic vibe, which is pretty much the opposite mood, but it works really well.