Muse Sydney Gig

Spruce Goose

Then Goose me up woman!
Apr 17, 2001
Sydney
scholar.uws.edu.au~13326874
Ladies and Gentlemen, direct from outer space, please welcome the most thrilling operatic sci-fi carnival on the face of the earth…and every other planet in the known galaxy. Muse are pointing their rocketship towards Australia, with touchdown scheduled for January 2007.
The men steering this intergalactic mission? Matt Bellamy (vocals, guitar, keys), Chris Wolstenholme (bass) and Dominic Howard (drums). And the fuel powering their prog rock missile from Mars? Black Holes and Revelations, an album so good it prompted Sydney’s Daily Telegraph to declare: “It's all over. Muse win. Nothing else released this year could beat this album for sheer ambition and musical scale.”
The game may be all over, but Muse have started a new one, with entirely new rules. Black Holes and Revelations is the Devon, England, trio’s fourth album – building on 1999’s Showbiz, 2001’s Origin of Symmetry and 2003’s epic Absolution.
TOUR DATES:*
Tue 23 Jan 2007 - Hordern Pavilion, Sydney
*Ticketek is selling for the above venues only.
:worship: :worship: :headbang: :worship: :worship: :kickass: :worship: :headbang: :worship: :worship:

Not that huge?
They are pretty damn big at the moment Cedyn... The 1st show at the hordern sold out within the hour..... Starlight and Supermassive Black Holes have both been pumped on radio stations like Nova etc (doesn't count for much I know, but they are by no means an unknown band).. I'd say they would be second headline at the BDO this year after tool.

$87 is very cheap for a premier international band these days.

Blitzy...... GO!

I saw their show in Sydney and it was fucking amazing. Awesome setlist, crystal clear sound, brilliant stage show... They are from another planet!
I cried during the song Invincible..... Serious tears... It was very moving for some reason as I was singing along to every word and then humming the guitar part, I just lost it.

Seriously, go and see them dude. Knights of Cydonia is worth the price of the ticket alone :headbang:

(I put MUSE in my TOP 3 concerts I've ever been to... but then 2 days later I saw Roger Waters which fucking blew EVERYTHING I've ever seen away. AMAZING!)

Knights of Cydonia was awesome at the BDO, they didn't play Invincible though...or Muscle Museum. Oh well. :(

I didn't go to their side show, but won't miss them for the world at my next opportunity.

Roger Waters was really that good?! I considered taking my Dad, but never got around to giving it more thought. I'm sure I wouldn't have enjoyed it as much as you anyway though hehe.