Muse

Damian B

¯\(°_o)/¯
Nov 8, 2007
NC, USA
Does anyone like them? I just got into them over the last few days. The music is just so epic and emotional, and the instrumentation is very interesting. So far I've heard Absolution and Showbiz, I love them both! :headbang:

I'm not normally one to shit on someone's thread but I've never been able to get past how much the dude sounds like a whinier Thom Yorke :lol:

yep. Quite good, great vocals and some huge tunes. Feeling Good cover live from them as a suggestion. Most surprising is their age, they started making such great albums when they were 20 or so, I heard

Try as I might, I've never been able to get into this band. Everyone loves them but I just find them ridiculously boring and repetitive. And I've tried every song that fans have recommended :/

Try as I might, I've never been able to get into this band. Everyone loves them but I just find them ridiculously boring and repetitive. And I've tried every song that fans have recommended :/

Space Dementia is the only one I like, mainly because of the amazing Rachmaninov sample/loop.

I liked Absolution quite a bit when it was new, but their two more recent albums just get blander and blander by the minute. When I hear someone call their new release "brilliant" or "genius", I feel like the fat guy in Mallrats who can't see the sailboat.

A lot of their stuff would work well in tv commercials for shiny happy hybrid cars, though, for better or worse. :D

while i never ascribed to the "theyre so effin brilliant" camp, i do dig their stuff. the early stuff more so than the later, where i feel that they began to buy their own hype. but whatever, i love their showbiz album. and one of my fav moments of the Inland Invasion concert here in SoCal a few years ago, was them tearing it up "Stockholm Syndrome." and that was a concert with GnR, AiC, Ax7 and several other big names. for a trio, i thought they kicked some ass!

not a massive fan, but there are a couple of songs i don't mind hearing every now and again... massive respect for them live though when you see the guitarist or bassist switch to keys or piano...

Piano section in the middle of "Butterflies and Hurricanes" (i think thats what its called)....

I think Muse are great, really like all their albums, lots of groove and lots of catchy melodies at the same time.

I'm not normally one to shit on someone's thread but I've never been able to get past how much the dude sounds like a whinier Thom Yorke :lol:

i hate thom yorke with a fucking passion, yet i love matt bellamy.

see i always saw it as thom yorke just whining, but matt bellamy constantly sounds on the edge of a complete and utter breakdown.
its one of the only things i really truly dig about muse.

and yeah for the most part i never really saw what the fuss is about
their harder, more straight forward shit is pretty good though IMO.

FUCKING

LOVE

THEM

Absolution is a brilliant album but I really, really, really have a deep love for "Origin". The tones are pretty much shit on that album but damn, I can't get over how awesome it is. "Newborn" was actually the 1st thing I heard from them and it just sucked me in completely, now I'm a 1st day, blind purchase buyer with everything they do