Which one of these 3 albums should I get?

Spruce Goose

Then Goose me up woman!
Apr 17, 2001
Sydney
scholar.uws.edu.au~13326874
I feel like something from a modern band for a change and I dont mind songs I have heard from these albums:

Keane
Thirsty Merc
Muse - Absolution

I liked the first Keane single 'Somewhere Only We Know' and now I like their new one 'Everyones Changing'.

Thirsty Merc - Hated the first single when it came out 'Emancipate Myself'. Can tolerate it now though. I really liked their 2nd single 'My Completeness' and now I like the latest one 'Someday, Someday'.

Muse - Havnt heard much from them other than the single from Absolution 'Time is Running Out'... But I have heard some massive things about these guys. A big Deep Purple fan that I talk to reccomended them to me, and this album made Number 1 on Mike Portnoys album list of 2004.

ANyone got any opinions?

I DON'T! Have an opinion, I mean. I'm not sure I've heard of any of them, unless Muse is the band Koich was talking about a while ago. In which case, get Muse, because I downloaded some stuff and it was pretty OK.

Buy Muse-Absolution

Keane-Hopes and Fears is a bloody awesome album, but Absolution is a brilliant album, and one of the best albums of last year. Some people can't get over the vocalist, but you like prog so you are used to grown men sounding like whiners.

oh wait, it's 2005 now. Absolution was one of the best albums of 2003.

Regadless, it has some nice soft parts and some awesomly rocking parts. I love it soo much.

Definately Muse.

Some definite classics on that album... Stockholm Syndrome, Falling Away From You, Blackout

one of the best buys I did of 2003.

Too different to compare...

Both bands are awesome in their own right. As Kirk Hammett said "Muse are the heavy Radiohead" I think that's a good way to describe them.

Not a bad description. My girlfriend bought it a few weeks ago with the bonus live disc thingo from the Big Day Out. Not a bad album, I like it. My only gripe is that after listening for a while, the singer gets annoying. I don't mind him at all listening to the odd song here and there, but you get a bit sick of it after a whole album.