Which One Of These Albums Should I Get Next?

Which One Should I Buy?

• 1349 - Beyond The Apocalypse

Votes: 2 2.8%
  • Behemoth - Demigod

Votes: 6 8.5%
  • Burzum - Hvis Lyset Tar Oss

Votes: 22 31.0%
  • Carcass - Heartwork

Votes: 11 15.5%
  • Dark Lunacy - The Diarist

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ensiferum - Iron

• Iced Earth - Burnt Offerings

• In Flames - Colony

• Insomnium - Since The Day It All Came Down

• Mercenary - 11 Dreams

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Opeth - My Arms, Your Hearse

Votes: 11 15.5%
  • Skyfire - Spectral

• Total voters
Heartwork, by a looooooooooooong chalk.

Last should be the Mercenary album, which to be honest was so saccharine and false that the very sound of it makes me sick to the stomach. One of the most bland and offensive albums I have ever heard.

insomnium!!!!
sorry, i just love them that much.

actually if your gonna buy insomnium above the weeping world is a much better album in my opinion

Well... Getting Ensiferum would open a whole new doorway of Folk Metal...

However, Colony is my 'doorway to metal' album, so I feel loyal to it, and must vote for that.

Jesus, it's great to be on a forum like this, there's plenty of different suggestions. Burzum is a little out of proportion though...

Hvis Lyset Tar Oss is clearly the most influential and historically significant out of those, so I would recommend that. If you are a fan of the melodic death metal sound then I suppose an argument could be made for Carcass or In Flames; the rest that I recognize (1349, Behemoth, Opeth, Ensiferum) are more on the trendy side and I wouldn't suggest purchasing those without taking a good listen to them first.

Carcass - Heartwork
Ensiferum - Iron
In Flames - Colony
Insomnium - Since The Day It All Came Down

^ I support all of these (I think.. what was on that IF album, only for the weak? yea I think that album has only 3 good songs)

Iced Earth - Burnt Offerings is a fucking disappointment.