Music Colleges

If only I actually had a longer attention span than 6 seconds. Then I'd probably have good enough grades togo to Berklee.

ptah knemu said:
Berklee is, as we all know, where John Petrucci went, so I guess we can all asume how good of a school it is. But, from what I've heard, it's really hard to get into.

ehh, are you sure whoever told you wasn't talking about California Berkeley? Because I've heard the music school Berklee takes pretty much anyone.

I don't know much about my school's music department but I see many music students walking around and the school is investing a lot into the department. In fact, they are building a new 3 story music hall when the school already has two theaters.

They Offer a B.S. in Music Performance:
http://www.hofstra.edu/Academics/HCLAS/Music/index_Music.cfm

Hofstra is a bit on the expensive side I might add. It is located in Hempstead, New York. Not a very cheap place to stay lol.

Proulxski , is Borislav Mitic still living in Montreal and giving lessons? Just curious is all since I used to know a couple guys online that took the occasional lesson from him. Really under-rated guitar player in my opinion.. he writes with a lot more maturity than most shredders out there.

Im a fellow Canuck :p

Insidious Tangerine said:
ehh, are you sure whoever told you wasn't talking about California Berkeley? Because I've heard the music school Berklee takes pretty much anyone.

I also heard that anyone can get in. A friend of mine just went there and told me that anyone could go.

I visited Ithaca College this weekend, and a friend of mine showed me around. The Music building is Gigantic. His room mate, who pretty much spends his entire day there, says that everything they offer at Ithaca is amazing, so thats one to look at.