Music fairs/tradeshows

HeadCrusher

Mar 20, 2002
Visit site
Sorry, not sure what the correct English word for that is but what I meant were shows like PopKomm, SXSW and so forth... So that's what this thread is meant to be about.

Anyway, how important do you think are they for unknown/unsigned bands? Been thinking about trying to get into PopKomm (Berlin) this year but then I'm not sure if it's not a complete waste of time, money and effort.

So, anyone been to any of the important ones? What are your experiences?

Yeah I thought about going there but we'll most likely have an important gig (~3.000 ppl %) ) this weekend. Not bad either I think. ;)

Have you been to Musikmesse with your band (Showcase or anything) before?

It's always been a dream of mine to go to NAMM, and I could've gone this year but we were recording our damn album. Hopefully next year I'll get to go. I think it would be great just for the experience and to nerd out. :headbang:

It's always been a dream of mine to go to NAMM, and I could've gone this year but we were recording our damn album. Hopefully next year I'll get to go. I think it would be great just for the experience and to nerd out. :headbang:

I gotta agree with you on that...you worded it exactly how i would have said it too :headbang: