Music From Around the globe

fizz6207

Ok heres a game I thought up whilst driving home today. Its basically a game to try to expand everyones musical horizons. (hope you think its a good idea :kickass: )

Rules are simple, you look to the last players post as to which country they have nominated to play next, and pick your top 3 bands from that country. (Please dont flame people for their opinions its just a game and you can show us all your musically superior taste when you choose from a different country :headbang: ). Just try and choose bands which have some musical integrity.

Try not to repeat countries, as the aim is to explore the world. Bands dont have to be metal, but try to think in terms of what other Opeth fans would be into. Once you have chose your top three nominate another country for the next player to choose bands from. (Try to choose reasonable countries at first but the game will naturally get harder!)

To get the game rolling I'll keep it simple:) :

Sweden
  • In Flames
  • Opeth
  • Katatonia

And the country I nominate next is USA.

Australia:
Destroyer 666!! (excellent blackened thrash, fans of Opeth should check out the side project Long Voyage Back)
Avrigus (orchestral. gothic doom)
Disembowelment (experimental doooommm!!)
also When Day Descends he...he...he... :p

Russia has vast amounts of really good metal bands! Forest Stream for example!

let's try UK next