Music Memories!

One of my favourite things about music is that just hearing a song can make you feel a certain way or remind of a certain time. I have several songs which, when I hear them, always remind me of certain things...

Poison's Flesh & Blood album makes me feel 8 years old again. My sister used to listen to this alot and I loved it!!! We had it and the live album (can't remember what it's called) and used to listen to them alot.

Metallica's Black Album reminds me of the countless hours I've spend watching A Year & A Half In The Life Of Metallica. I can recite those videos word for word and they are without a doubt my most watched videos ever!!

Metallica's Low Man's Lyric reminds me of playing Final Fantasy VII at my sister's old house. Why this sticks in my mind, I have absolutely no idea!

Pink's Can't Take Me Home and Sugababes' One Touch albums remind me of playing Tomb Raider II - again why this is significant I have no idea. They remind me of a specific part of a certain level.

Anthrax's Madhouse and SOAD's Toxicity remind me of when I was at Donington cos when I was at my friend's house we'd watch Scuzz and Kerrang all the time and these videos were on loads.

Alter Bridge's Open Their Eyes reminds me of the first time I saw them at Donington. I'd never even heard of the band before I saw them there and this was the song that really stuck out for me. I went straight out and bought their album afterwards.

Velvet Revolver's Sucker Train Blues reminds me of the first time I saw my idol Duff for the first time. When I hear it, it just puts me right back in the crowd at Donington.

Metallica's Ride The Lightning reminds me of when I saw them in Glasgow. James was saying something like, "This next song is off album number two and goes out to all you people out there having a good fucking time." so I was expecting For Whom The Bell Tolls or Creeping Death. I about had a heart attack when they started the title track, it was so cool to hear!!

Guns N' Roses - Mr Brownstone reminds me of my sister cos that's her fave GNR song and her and her friend used to blast it all the time.

AC/DC's It's A Long Way To The Top (If You Wanna Rock N' Roll) reminds me of waiting for Metallica to come on, cos it's played over the PA before The Ecstacy of Gold starts and the guys come on. It always makes me smile. :D

What are some of you guys music memories?

Great White's "Once bit and twice shy" is a big one, probably because I don't hear it very often anymore, if at all. Hearing it now takes me back to highschool and to an old freind I haven't seen since after graduation. I still get goosebumps! lol....

Anything on Manilla Road's "Crystal Logic" because it was my first metal record.

Anything by the Stray Cats or Brian Setzer because "Built for Speed" was the first album I ever bought.

I have had one of Elvis Presley's best love songs come back to my mind when I was sleeping, and the emotion was so powerful, I had to force myslef out of sleep because I couldn't withstand it, even though I only heard if from TV before then.

You could never know the feeling.

I guess good singing kills me.

I was in the Marines in Korea & we had some Marines die there in a helicopter crash. METALLICA had released AJFA the year before and "One" was the song we always listened to in honor of the 19 Marines killed in 1989, and to the ones who survived the crash as well.

In Memory of C co.,1st Bn.,5th Mar.,1st Plt.