Music rumours and random discussion

Winmar

Pillock of society
Apr 16, 2001
Canberra
Let's have a thread to post random stuff we read or hear about music.

So to start off:
  • There's the talk about Axl Rose fronting AC/DC. Fanciful, but I can see how the rumour might come about given vocal styles.
  • GnR apparently only have six shows booked so far, but a guy at work told me before the reunion was announced that they had booked shows in Australia for later in the year. Venues just reserved perhaps?
  • Keith Emerson from ELP died the other day, and I gather he killed himself. Apparently he had nerve damage to his hands and couldn't play how he wanted to any more. Not sure if that's the reason, but sad anyway.

Not sure why all the hate on Axl for the ACDC rumour. Is only a handful of shows, I'd watch it.

In other news I was excited for new Anthrax until I heard the three tracks released from it in the lead up the release a few weeks back, and they were pretty underwhelming. 1 of the 3 was ok, the other 2 were meh.

I heard reasonable things about the Anthrax album (that it was pretty catchy), but haven't heard it.

Axl would be horrible to work with, but perhaps he'd pull his head in if he was in someone else's band?

I think it's going to be interesting if it is Axl. From (most) things I've seen most of his tantrums and diva behaviour is usually because he's trying to do thing perfectly every time, and when things aren't perfect he loses it.

AC/DC is a well oiled machine who only play massive stadiums a couple of times a week. It would probably suit him down to the ground. I get the impression that Angus is a similar kind of control freak, only he's much more professional and quiet about it.

I think Axl is also a big fan of AC/DC so perhaps he sees it as an opportunity to live out a dream rather than something that needs to work for particular reasons, perhaps.

Whatever happens, it's just rock and roll. Anyone saying it tarnishes a legacy or some shit has lost the plot.

It'd be super bad timing for Axl to join them when he and Slash have just played together for the first time since 1993. Can't see it happening.

On that note, reviews of the show at Troubadour on Friday sounded very good indeed. It's enough to get a GnR fan of old quite excited.

I wouldn't like Axl in AC\DC, maybe John Bush? HAhahaha

I listened to the new Anthrax the other day, I have never been a fan of Joey Belladona in Anthrax ( I know I seem to be among the few) So I dunno what why I might like it this time

Bit hard to tell with that audio quality!

I don't think he'd be allowed to be a diva when performing as a guest in someone else's band. He'd have to pull his head in.

Just looked him up. He would have been great!

I'm tipping Axl + AC/DC would sell tickets as well though, so I guess that's also a consideration.
Yeah, that's basically the only advantageous thing about it, Axl has name recognition, thus he'll draw more sales than Storace or somebody like Mark Tornillo, etc.

I had no interest in seeing them when they were here last year - saw them on whatever tour it was in 2001 or so and I prefer the 70s stuff anyway - but if they had toured with Axl then I would have bought a ticket.