Music School????

lsavy

New Metal Member
Dec 9, 2004
I want to go back to school and study recording or the business side of music... I looked at a couple schools, but am most interested in the Musicians Institute in Hollywood.

I'm guessing there are a lot of musicians here -any ideas on the Musicians Institute or music college in general??

I'm going to be attending Musicians Institute for the GIT program starting in fall of 2006. When I get a chance I am going to go to an open house whenever they have one so I can check out the school. From what I have heard and read, it is an excellent school. I would highly recommend MI to anyone interested in going to music school. :)

Katalepsy said:
I'm going to be attending Musicians Institute for the GIT program starting in fall of 2006. When I get a chance I am going to go to an open house whenever they have one so I can check out the school. From what I have heard and read, it is an excellent school. I would highly recommend MI to anyone interested in going to music school. :)

Awesome, thats something to look forward to! Checking out their website over at http://mi.edu, i was seriously blown away...

Check out their list of guest appearances. You just may be amazed.
Billy Sheehan
George Lynch
Joe Satriani
Paul Gilbert
Steve Vai
Tony MacAlpine
Zakk Wylde
Terri Bozzio
Virgil Donati
The list goes on and on!

The best part about MI's instrument programs is you can choose from a number of electives that allow you to study the music that you like, and not get stuck with classical this...17th century that... I really do look forward to going there, that will probably be the best four years of my musical career.

Katalepsy said:
The best part about MI's instrument programs is you can choose from a number of electives that allow you to study the music that you like, and not get stuck with classical this...17th century that... I really do look forward to going there, that will probably be the best four years of my musical career.

What exactly are people making a reference to when they say this? From what I've read Berklee doesn't seem to be like this.

Yeah the alumni and teacher list is insane! GOing to the Musicians Institute would be a once in a life time experiance.

...I dont know that Berklee teaches much modern rock theory, i think its a big Jazz school

i thought about going to berklee, but then i sort of looked into it more, and while it would be a cool learning experience, its really expensive and i found out most of their alumni that they brag about actually dropped out after a few semesters

Katalepsy said:
GIT is awsome, I have a friend that was barely playing metal and after he returned from L.A. he was astounding. It's THE place for "getting your chops".

Feicht said:
i thought about going to berklee, but then i sort of looked into it more, and while it would be a cool learning experience, its really expensive and i found out most of their alumni that they brag about actually dropped out after a few semesters

Well...that would be Dream Theater. But Steve Vai and Al DiMeola went there and completed it. John Mayer also did....but you're probably not into him (neither am I). David Creamer teaches (or taught at some point) there, and he was also Jason Becker's guitar teacher.