We're builing a 'Musicians Corner' site just for you lot!

Mark

Not blessed, or merciful
Apr 11, 2001
Sarf Lundin, Innit
The idea will be to have one huge corner of UM for musicians - in addition to this forum, of course.

- promotion tools and tips
- 'musicians wanted' ads
- equipment tips and advice
- a music gear store

For now we have the music gear store in 'Beta' - all powered by zZounds.com, one of the best musician gear sites on the net.

I'm interested in all your feedback :)

http://www.ultimatemetal.com/musicians/cat/

It's still rough, but there should be enough store pages there to dive into.

We get a commission of every sale, so if you ARE thinking of buying anything (from a string to a les paul custom;)), please do so through UM... it helps keep our head above water!

ALSO, any ideas on what YOU want from the UM Muso's corner, please let me know in this thread!

THANKS! :worship:

Mark

Awesome idea mark another store i had in mind is:
www.samedaymusic.com - Fast shipping

For theory:
www.cyberfret.com
www.harmony-central.com

For in depth gear reviews:
www.harmony-central.com

For tabs, music and other stuff like that:
www.power-tab.net - For the program Power Tab Editor (MIDI)
www.powertabs.net - Huge tablature archieve
www.guitar-pro.com - Guitar Pro website (MIDI)
www.mysongbook.com - 1000's of Guitar pro Tablatures
www.metaltabs.com - regular text tablatures
http://www.synthoblivion.cjb.net - Synthesizer tablature (kinda confusing, Unless you know theory well)

Maybe a "musicians corner" main forum, and then 3 or 4 sub-forums, being "Gear Classifieds" "musicians Wanted" and "Tech Q and A"

A very good moderator will be needed, and it should be discouraged to register to UM just to post a for sale ad.

Probably more sites out there, but those are the one that i find to be very helpful. Hope it helps

Yeah, Mark, awesome idea, BUT!!!!

ZZsounds dont ship outside the US so thats kinda crap for us Europeans.

Try doing a Store split with Music123.com or some UK based guitar store like "Guitarstrings.co.uk".

Just a suggestion.

Still, great idea.

music123 isn't a good idea.. I've had bad experiences with them as well as plenty of other people I know. I know people outside of the US have trouble finding music companies that ship overseas, but trust me, its not worth the hassle with music123... they charged my credit card for a marshall cab that didn't even sell, so I changed the model and I never got it until a longass time later. Then on another occasion they charged me AGAIN for an item that was on a 3 month backorder (which I wasn't informed of until I had to call a week later and ask).. so of course they caused trouble and were reluctant to refund my money. 90% of the people I know that order from music123 aren't satisfied one way or another. There are plenty of smaller dealers that ship overseas now, but of course they don't offer everything. Just thought I'd give you guys a heads up.

As Bobvex pointed out, people will register just to sell gear.. there will probably be a bunch of spammers.. I'm not sure what the best way is to take care of that. I guess admin(s)/moderators would have to be on the lookout constantly.

A feedback forum works well too.. basically sellers and buyers report good and bad people to deal with.. it helps make us aware of any bad sellers/buyers that are out there.

Well, we're not planning on having a 'gear for sale' section - for now the new section will be a service to our members for *discussion* and finding new members.

If we ever had a for sale section, no doubt it would be a paid-listing for non-members; we'd find a way for active members to receive priority treatment.

Thanks for the heads-up on Music123! If anyone knows of any Euro/UK-based companies that have a large product line, and sell online, do please let me know!