Music you like that isn't Metal

Sorry, I just couldn't resist the temptation. Anyways, I'll try to keep away from this kind of arguments... I've played an instrument from over 10 years now BTW, and I do CoB covers in my free time... Luv.

For me at least, I DO value musicianship. You need to be good at your instrument (vocals included), or at least proficient, for me to fully enjoy a song. I'm not into listening to shit, I don't know how else to put it! :lol:

Agreed with Swabs. I'd be ok to have Carlos Santana's age of I could play as he does. I understand people couldn't like Rush, but would you say a band's music sucks because of themselves ? Fuck, Michael Romeo plays crap then.

And I listen to more electronica than metal.

And I'm 21 today. Holy crap.

I'll listen to anything that is genuinely original/groundbreaking/unique and has interesting and proficient musical/instrumental skill and talent involved. Obviously I find that criteria throughout the various subgenres of Metal most of the time, but in many cases I'll find something outside of that genre.

For me at least, I DO value musicianship. You need to be good at your instrument (vocals included), or at least proficient, for me to fully enjoy a song. I'm not into listening to shit, I don't know how else to put it! :lol:

Well, and definition of "shit" varies depending on the different experiences and inborn preferences people have. That's why I rarely ever actually say that sth is "shit" if there is no real reason to.

10 years of violin? No offense, but you aren't that good judging by your youtube vids.

Well, I challenge you to play CoB on a violin :lol: And that stuff is for fun anyway, it's not like I've been playing metal for 10 years, I've been doing classical solos with orchestra or piano.

You all realize you're being trolled hard, right? And also, all of you take note of my signature. I really, really love it and it applies to a lot of you guys (even me sometimes).

You all realize you're being trolled hard, right?

Pfft, the phrase "troll" is thrown around too much nowadays. There are such things as genuine faggots you know.

I don't give two fucks about your signiture, disagreeing and finding fault with someone's opinions is not the same as disregarding someone's opinions. In fact the whole "YOOU NEEDZ UN OPEN MIIIINDDDD" argument can fuck itself.

Pfft, the phrase "troll" is thrown around too much nowadays. There are such things as genuine faggots you know.
Well, he is trolling you, whether he knows it or not. He's making comments that he knows is going to draw you out into an open argument because you let it offend you and then once he has accomplished that he just keeps it going. This is you right now:

Crazy_Aus said:
OH LAWD RUSH IZ TEH SUX!!11!
Swabs said:
1212182560727rm2.png

Seriously :lol:

I don't give two fucks about your signiture, disagreeing and finding fault with someone's opinions is not the same as disregarding someone's opinions. In fact the whole "YOOU NEEDZ UN OPEN MIIIINDDDD" argument can fuck itself.

It's his opinion, why do you feel the need to find all the faults in it. I am a person who loves a good discussion, and I enjoy giving my opinion and listening to others and talking about it (which, btw, requires an open mind or else it's pointless). But this guy clearly is someone who you can't have that type of conversation with so, why keep going? Let him be, hell, ignore him if he is such a faggot. I am just saying, it's not worth it :lol: it's just going to escalate until this shit is in all the threads and you get banned, fuck, :lol:

No one can be completely "open-minded". We would be indecisiveness fools :lol: Its nice we can disagree, but sometimes it gets out of hand.

I agree with Josh on this one.

Anyways, to end it, I find this piece absolutely amazing:

[ame]http://youtube.com/watch?v=yNqP-PO66c8[/ame]

No one can be completely "open-minded". We would be indecisiveness fools :lol: Its nice we can disagree, but sometimes it gets out of hand.

I agree with Josh on this one.

Yeah, actually you can. You take your opinion, balance it out with what the other person is saying, achieve a common ground if there is one. If not, then agree to disagree. Look at the Opeth discussion we had in the Recent Purchases thread, I love things like that, but what is going on in this thread is just the wrong way to have a conversation. I mean, if the person is CLEARLY wrong then 'have an open mind' doesn't apply, but when you're talking about a matter of SHEER OPINION which you cannot dispute then what the fuck. WHO CARES IF HE HATES RUSH AND WHAT HIS REASONS ARE. If his reasons are stupid and not up to your standards then why argue with him, just let him live in his ignorance, like I said there's a difference between trying to have an open discussion and maybe trying to persuade him to see things from your side and to give them another chance instead of jumping on his neck "OH YOU FAGGOT RUSH OWNS YOU DON'T KNOW MUSIC OBVIOUSLY THEN IF YOU DON'T LIKE THEM".... grow up, all of you :p

P.S. STOP FEEDING THE TROLL

ON-TOPIC:

This was a blast form the past, it just got stuck in my head randomly the other day and I googled the lyrics and came up with this, :lol: awesome.

Last edited by a moderator:
And also, all of you take note of my signature. I really, really love it and it applies to a lot of you guys (even me sometimes).

mmm I listen to a lot of Latin-Jazz music like Michel Camilo, Gonzalo Rubalcaba. I love Rush, Rachmaninoff, Pat Metheny, Dave Weckl Band, all of Paul Gilbert's work, Mr. Bungle, Gentle Giant....yeah :p