Music you used to listen to and now you cringe that you used to listen to it?

Protest the Hero, Enter Shikari.... Gay "post hardcore" shit for teenagers with terrible, terrible singing and even worse harsh vocals..... But really really catchy tunes, and with PtH, very progressive with brilliant guitar work.

Still hate the vocals though... And the fans :lol:

Fucking badass song :headbang:

really ! If your still breathin after taking in that riff, the solo absolutely slays you.

its a shame about Vito, but I also think its a shame he was only in White Lion, so many songs you hear the beginning guitar work or riffs and this guy sounded quite metal and wanted to rock, then the vocals and commercial sound kicks in. Did they have any other kick ass songs like Leave Me Alone ? I only have Mane Attraction (on cassette)

Protest the Hero, Enter Shikari.... Gay "post hardcore" shit for teenagers with terrible, terrible singing and even worse harsh vocals..... But really really catchy tunes, and with PtH, very progressive with brilliant guitar work.

I went to school with every member of PtH (same grade), and they were really cool guys. I have to give them a lot of respect for "making it", and doing so with their own sound (and also being progressive).

Oh, and the fact that they were only in their teens when their first album was released.

I'm with you on this. The musicianship is great with a lot of those bands, but the whiny, screamy vocals just irritate me beyond belief. I actually had a fan of this so-called "gay post hardcore" genre tell me that he thought Symphony X's music was great, but the vocals were awful. He recommended Claudio from Coheed and Cambria sing for Symphony X instead. Needless to say, I was on the floor laughing.

There are a couple, but only a couple of quite awful bands I liked when I was under 10 years old, but fortunately I have been able to completely erase my memory about them so I don't remember what they were. I only remember the awesome bands I liked back then...

More recently, can't think of many.

John Farnham. Nah, he still rocks.

Mainly limp bizkit. Fuck they suck. All the other bands from that era i can still listen too. Some are better than others (Spineshank, Static X, early korn, deftones) but limp suck.

I'd like to pose a question to all of you, do you feel embarrased that you listened to those bands that you guys have mentioned at some point in your life?

I'd like to pose a question to all of you, do you feel embarrased that you listened to those bands that you guys have mentioned at some point in your life?

In the mid 70's, my rebellious later teen years after some influence by people I met at Berklee I got a bit cocky and began to believe that the music I once listened to, mostly hardrock was "bullshit". I had been turned on to fusion and discoverered all these truely great musicians. I wound up giving most all of my record collection away and would not allow myself to enjoy more simple music for what it was. For example I hated AC/DC and most any good time music. Within 10 years I got over this and started appreaciating different skill level of music for what value it had. Different music for different occasions. Then I set out to get all that older stuff I had ditched back. So I wouldnt say I was embarrassed about my former music but I looked down my nose at the simplicity of it.

However if you go way back to childhood, I would be highly embarressed if I felt the urge to sing The Beatles - I wanna hold your hand :lol:

Nope. At the time, Pantera, Korn and Limp Bizkit were the heaviest things i knew. I didn't know things such as morbid angel, manowar and gamma ray existed. It was just ignorance is all. Had i continued to listen to them after i found out about mercyful fate and iced earth, then i'd be embarrassed.

Not at all. Why would I be embarrassed for liking a shit band when I was under 10? And well, I don't know. Only one I can remember right now is Linkin Park and even that was like 2 songs I had on a CD.

E: Oh yeah and Limp Bizkit too, but those songs were pretty cool back then!

I swear i knew were going to say them:lol:
Cliche as it may be to list Dream Theater on this, a prog metal message board, they really are the only band I can think of that I used to be really into that I find totally unlistenable now. No one else comes to mind. If Sevendust or something like that was on, I wouldn't mind. Papa Roach (the Getting Away... album) etc. Wouldn't dare say they'd be favorite spins, but they're listenable. If Dream Theater came on, I just can't listen to it. They are the only band that I used to like that would elicit the true 'cringe' reaction.

Power metal.

Definitely. I still listen to the odd Gamma Ray album occasionally (actually, just the debut to be honest), but to think I used to be more or less into every Power Metal band in the world makes me shiver today.

Blind Guardian don't count, by the way. They rule and haven't been Power Metal since their third album.

I have to say that this has never really happened to me. Everything I have liked, I have always liked ever since, probably cause most of it was really really good stuff in actuality. For me it's actually the opposite, where I didn't like something (or had a preconceived misunderstanding conception of it) and now I really really like.

Definitely. I still listen to the odd Gamma Ray album occasionally (actually, just the debut to be honest), but to think I used to be more or less into every Power Metal band in the world makes me shiver today.

Blind Guardian don't count, by the way. They rule and haven't been Power Metal since their third album.

Absolutely, Blind guardian and Rhapsody rule!!