Musical Box in San Francisco

sflanegan

May 6, 2003
Oakland, CA
Hi everyone,

Thought I would mention that the Musical Box performance last Sunday night was amazing. I was a little too young (negative years) to see Genesis perform the Lamb, so I guess this is the next best thing. I was really amazed by everyone in the band. The slides, the sound, the costumes, everything was great. As a drummer, I was most amazed at how spot on "Phil" was. I have heard the live recording of the Lamb from the Genesis box set, and the drum sound was identical!!!!

It was also great to see some familiar faces there!!

A quick band update... We are still rehearsing some new material. Putting together some new ideas and such... I am very excited by the new stuff.

DVD should be on the way shortly. Thanks everyone for your patience.

Happy Holidays!!

Sean

I second Sean's comments - they were unreal. The craziest part was how much like the original Genesis 'Peter' and 'Phil' looked. They wore the same clothes from the Lamb tour and sounded amazing!

Hi Sean, nice that you enjoyed the Musical Box-Gig.
In Germany it's the same thing at the moment, they will have some gigs around here and I think the resonance will be good.
Also I'm too young to have heard the old GENESIS live, but I never wanted to hear music I adore played by others than the original band. I never listen to cover bands and I never liked to play covers, too. I know several people who like it, but I can't understand that. In my opinion there's a connection between the music and the ones who create it. This is lost when others perform.

There's also an Australian Pink Floyd Thing on the road with "the original production" (funny) of "The dark side of the moon"....I think the reason is money and nothing else.