Musical Dissapointments #1 PARADISE LOST

I want to discuss the latest from the band, that electro gothic bullshit!

Originally posted by Ivo
I want to discuss the latest from the band, that electro gothic bullshit!

If you don't like the band, just don't listen to them...

Edit: By the way, you don't seem like a person who wants to DISCUSS...

And if you think it is electro bullshit, post it in the off-topic

The only album I was disappointed in at first was One second. But I got into it after a while. Their first album is crap though.

Talk about dissapointments.... Talk about Colony and Clayman again. I am having 'In Flames Crap-Albums' bashing-withdrawls.

Hmph.

I don't like their latest stuff, but they still got some great albums.. and I think this list is going to be a looooooooong one.. (Musical Disappointments #N I mean)

early stuff (lost paradise) was typical, overdone, mid-paced bullshit. new stuff is far too MTV-rock. middle stuff, up through Draconian is good

My musical dissapointments would probably be.......hmmmmmmm,,,.,.,.,.,, At The Gates for breaking up, and AE for getting rid of Johan

I used to be a superbig Paradise Lost fan a couple of years ago....but then One Second came out.... :eek: i used to like it a bit in the beginning,it's not a bad record,but i felt sth is missing from it..or anyway it's not my cup of tea,I was expecting sth more inspiring than that...
after that i lost my interest in PL,I only listen to their older stuff...

I like them. Draconian Times is a bit too polished for my likeing (it's ok, just gets on my nerves after a while). One Second sucked IMHO. Some great moments in songs, but the production was crap- dynamic range was too big. Has these soft sections you can barely hear, so you turn it up, then get blasted when the rest of the band comes in- I hate that!! There were, I think, 3 songs I really liked, the rest were so so.
Strangely, I really like Host. Not something I'd spend alot of time listening to, but it's great for a change of pace. The sort of cd I only listen to every 6 months or so, but listen to it solidly when I do. Don't have the new one (hasn't arrived in the country yet, and I'm not a big enough fan to order it without giving it a listen).

Originally posted by Downfall

If you don't like the band, just don't listen to them...

Edit: By the way, you don't seem like a person who wants to DISCUSS...
When you're emotionally connected with some music it's hard for you to accept drastic changes like that.
About the discuss thing you're not right at all. I would ask why you think so?!
BTW Any other suggestions for musical dissapointments, I mean bands that changed for bad... ?

Originally posted by At The Gates
The only album I was disappointed in at first was One second. But I got into it after a while. Their first album is crap though.

What the hell? The first was the best. I liked the 2nd cd but you could tell even then that they was about to begin their cock-rock journey.

I dunno if much will disappoint me more than Tiamat. I LOVED those bastards in high school, and I still think Wildhoney (and to a lesser extent Clouds) are incredible albums. Deeper Kind of Slumber was decent, but a real drop, and after that...well...picture me making the thumbs-down sign and going thbbbbppptt and you'll get what I mean.

Paradise Lost never really sunk to that level of disappointment, in my opinion.

xfer

Originally posted by Ivo
BTW Any other suggestions for musical dissapointments, I mean bands that changed for bad... ?

Hell, you got 3 days?? Short list off the top of my head..

Anathema :mad: My god, the new cd sucks!
Metallica
Megadeth
Sepultura
Amsvartner
Emperor
Katatonia (ok, I love their new stuff, but I love their old stuff more :()
COF
3rd & the Mortal :mad:
Carcass
I'm worried about where The Gathering is headed :(

Originally posted by yourdeadgroom

Hell, you got 3 days?? Short list off the top of my head..

Anathema :mad: My god, the new cd sucks!
Metallica
Megadeth
Sepultura
Amsvartner
Emperor
Katatonia (ok, I love their new stuff, but I love their old stuff more :()
COF
3rd & the Mortal :mad:
Carcass
I'm worried about where The Gathering is headed :(
Agree with all, just don't agree to the 3rd & the Mortal.

Originally posted by Ivo
Agree with all, just don't agree to the 3rd & the Mortal.

Yeah? So you're the one, huh? :lol:
Their last 2 were ok (more so 'Painting....'), but their first 3 releases are magical. 'In This Room' was a little too avant-garde for my tastes (the last song is nice :)). They have a new one coming too.