Musical influence

THEBALDGUYFROMBLACKLODGEVIDEO said:
First of all, thanks for the thread. It is really interesting to find out what else the Anthrax Brotherhood has been listening to. I was 13 when I started with Zeppelin, Queen, Deep Purple, AC/DC, and unknown to the most but great scottish band called Nazareth ( I hope our friends fr. Scotland are familiar with them ). Somehow I never got to like Beatles (didn't hate them though), but always got a kick out of The Stones and Who, never cared for Kiss, but liked Slade, Van Halen and Malmsteen were just boring to me, but Rainbow (especially with Dio) was an example of superb musicianship... So go figure... Now I'm 38 and I can listen to anything from Charlie Parker and Duke Ellington to Dimmu Borgir and Morbid Angel. There is always a show for me in NYC...

Nazareth are still kicking about Glasgow every now and again (not sure if it's the original line up though)

ThraxSA said:
I know this is a little lame, but I actually got some Public Enemy stuff because Scott wore a shirt of theirs for a while.

Actually, I didn't mind them - probably the only rap band I will give the time of day too mind you.....

I don't think that's lame at all.

I know I checked out Public Enemy, Living Colour, NWA, Discharge, Kiss (although honestly I never liked KISS at all), Fear and Sabbath, to name a few, through Anthrax's t-shirts, interviews, etc.

Sure, there was a bit of that "if Scott thinks it's cool, it must be cool" thing going on (whatever, I was 12, man!!) but to this day, I still fucking love all those records.

Crabmeat said:
I don't think that's lame at all.

I know I checked out Public Enemy, Living Colour, NWA, Discharge, Kiss (although honestly I never liked KISS at all), Fear and Sabbath, to name a few, through Anthrax's t-shirts, interviews, etc.

Sure, there was a bit of that "if Scott thinks it's cool, it must be cool" thing going on (whatever, I was 12, man!!) but to this day, I still fucking love all those records.

sounds familiar!!! I even bought the same NY jacket!!

I agree Crabmeat I started listening to punk right before or about the time I got into thrax so I was like Scott likes Fear and Dischare cool - and I was older than 12.

the whole metal vs punk thing sucked in LA, so thrax were def cool in my book. SOD - Billy wearing UFO shirts and Dan wearing Broken Bones shirts :headbang:

Besides thrax and Run DMC and the Beasties Boys pointing me to rap the college I went to was about 40% black so I go to hear Plenty of it and like a lot of it.

Yeah, I couldn't wait to be able to grow a goatee!!!!!

Unfortunately, I didn't have to wait too long for the bald thing! Doh!