MusicOnlineAlive is changing the face of music industry!

thomasjose

New Metal Member
http://www.musiconlinealive.com is the first truly comprehensive open platform for presenting, experiencing and selling music on the web.

The premier feature of MOA is a unique patent pending technology called Virtual Album for artists to sell material, post tracks, lyrics, album art, biographical information and concert dates as well as directly communicate with fans.
Using Virtual Album Technology, with MOA as the one stop platform, you can now

• Create, record, and perform music (intuitively)
• Publicize
• Hang out and reach out to your fans
• Make money by selling your songs

MOA platform is built to seamlessly integrate with the social web, and our aggressive marketing is only going to help promote budding artists albums and reach out larger fan base across the globe.

Wouldn’t you love to have your album part of MOA today?
Please visit http://www.musiconlinealive.com or send an email to support@musiconlinealive.com.

I support your effort 100%, but people just aren't buying music like they did before.

If an unsigned band wants to put their music up online and charge for it, they could lose out to the band who gives it away.

If people are selling you bottled water but there’s a guy down the street giving it away in bottles for free where are people going to turn to? The day people realised they didn’t have to pay for music to gain access to it, was the day that everything changed.

The music industry is over-saturated. That's the main problem.

it's true, undeniably, and a generation won't know what it's like to get an album in their hands, check the artwork, lyrics, concept, and immerse themselves in the thing they've bought. music is becoming utterly disposable and that is a sad sad thing for anyone looking to make a living from it.

While I agree it's sad, and I certainly have no issues paying for great music, the concept of bands making money from recorded music is relatively fresh. Music has been played for centuries and it's only a recent thing where people get to make money from it.

The only way musicians used to earn money in the past was by playing live. There were no hotels and rock n' roll lifestyles then either. You earned enough to get by, a bit like the travelling circus act. It was your way of life but you wouldn't become a millionaire doing it. If you ask me, musicians were very fortunate to get rich when they did.

But now, people expect it because they think they can write great music and because others who came before them made money that way. They feel entitled to it. I know regression is not something people like to do but that's how things are looking.

I will go one further and say the recorded version of music is not so unique. It was compiled in a recording studio; multi-tracked; edited; tweaked; overdubbed; parts were added on different days. It is a representation, assembled with technology and processed to be consumed in bulk.

A live gig in front of your eyes... now that is a unique thing indeed. No gig is ever the exact same.

I agree that at entire generation of fans have, up to now, no sense of what an album experience is like, but that is what Music Online Alive is trying to bring back--in a dynamic form. I also agree with the above statement, that there is nothing unique about a studio version of a track. Anyone who has recorded and performed a lot knows this: by the time you're done with the long, tedious process of doing basics, overdubs, mixing, mastering, etc., you're pretty much done with that version of the song, and our probably performing it completely differently (at least that's my experience.)

That, BTW, is another thing that makes Music Online Alive so cool: multiple versions of the same track, neatly connected in a tree-like structure. The versions of tracks can even be by other artists: check out what I'm talking about here, with the Beatles' White Album. Click on the plus signs next to each track and you see a Phish cover version of each. Pretty cool, an completely new kind of "album" experience.