My band covering "Symphony of Destruction"

Thanks man. :)

BTW I know I'm singing it an octave high, that just seems to be how I go into it, it maybe be because we're tuning to Eb. I'll get them to try it in standard tuning next week, see if I can sing it "properly".

I sound like Joey?! Hahaha, awesome. :lol:

We just plugged one of the studio mics into a laptop with Audacity and recorded the room as we played. It came out pretty good, although the other guitar player is getting a really awful tone from the shitty Marshall MG amps in the studio.

Thanks for listening guys. ;)

I sound like Joey?! Hahaha, awesome. :lol:

We just plugged one of the studio mics into a laptop with Audacity and recorded the room as we played. It came out pretty good, although the other guitar player is getting a really awful tone from the shitty Marshall MG amps in the studio.

Thanks for listening guys. ;)
sounds great,that song is one of the few megadeth songs i like,i use audacity too,alot of musos talk shit about it but it does the job lol.

You have to tell your drummer to learn the rythmic structures in the chorus, the straightforward drumming all the way sometimes kills it.

Audacity is very good for changing pitch or tempo when I'm putting drum tracks together, or the song I'm recording is in a bad key for me to sing. Will post something as soon as I lear how to upload a video.

dude, in all honesty, i didn't want to tell you before what i think about this pathetic attempt at one of Megadeth's best songs ever just because i'm a nice guy but since you started attacking me again i will tell you the truth: the drummer SUCKS (Johnnie explained it in a nicer way), the guitar-player SUCKS, the sound SUCKS HORRIBLY, it sounds like it was recorded in the crapper where you dwell or inside a trashcan, nowadays anybody can make high quality demo-recordings at home, even for 80's standards demo-recordings the quality is SHIT and most of all the vocals SUCK UNBELIEVABLY, i think in all honesty i can say that those are the worst vocals i ever heard in my entire life, i don't know if this is funny or sad but the sounds that my ass creates from time to time sound 100 x better than your vocals, Don Nelson is a metal-god compared to you and i don't think that this is a compliment. there you go!

btw 'New Deal' is a shitty bandname! (could be the name of the local bar band's support-act)

dude, in all honesty, i didn't want to tell you before what i think about this pathetic attempt at one of Megadeth's best songs ever just because i'm a nice guy but since you started attacking me again i will tell you the truth: the drummer SUCKS (Johnnie explained it in a nicer way), the guitar-player SUCKS, the sound SUCKS HORRIBLY, it sounds like it was recorded in the crapper where you dwell or inside a trashcan, nowadays anybody can make high quality demo-recordings at home, even for 80's standards demo-recordings the quality is SHIT and most of all the vocals SUCK UNBELIEVABLY, i think in all honesty i can say that those are the worst vocals i ever heard in my entire life, i don't know if this is funny or sad but the sounds that my ass creates from time to time sound 100 x better than your vocals and i don't think that this is a compliment. there you go!

:lol::lol:

Its posts like this that make being on the board and dealing with assholes such as Stormchaser and antwax a little more worth it!

dude, in all honesty, i didn't want to tell you before what i think about this pathetic attempt at one of Megadeth's best songs ever just because i'm a nice guy but since you started attacking me again i will tell you the truth: the drummer SUCKS (Johnnie explained it in a nicer way), the guitar-player SUCKS, the sound SUCKS HORRIBLY, it sounds like it was recorded in the crapper where you dwell or inside a trashcan, nowadays anybody can make high quality demo-recordings at home, even for 80's standards demo-recordings the quality is SHIT and most of all the vocals SUCK UNBELIEVABLY, i think in all honesty i can say that those are the worst vocals i ever heard in my entire life, i don't know if this is funny or sad but the sounds that my ass creates from time to time sound 100 x better than your vocals, Don Nelson is a metal-god compared to you and i don't think that this is a compliment. there you go!

btw 'New Deal' is a shitty bandname! (could be the name of the local bar band's support-act)

Thanks for listening. :lol: I won't go into that long post you made, just a couple of points: The drummer is not the best, he's a young guy that doesn't get enough time to practice. My vocals are irrelevant, we found a singer, I was just doing it back then for a bit of fun. And I know New Deal is a shit name, we'll be changing it when we can decide on something else.
Thanks for listening though!

I'll post up a vid of us playing "Creeping Death" at our first gig if you'd like to try and rip that to shreds too?
And what do you play? Got any links to anything you've ever done, or have you never done anything like that because any time you get in a room with four other guys all they do is bully you?

Stormwatch, I didn't like it really at all. However, don't take it as an insult...I'd rather give you some tips and try to help you out on what I think might help you guys. There's no use saying, "OMG YOU GAIS SUUUUUUUUCK!!!" when EVERYONE sucks as they're just starting to play. I'm assuming you're fairly new at music.

First off, please don't take this the wrong way, but you all need to practice...a lot. First, the guitar:

The riffing wasn't bad in the verse, but then again, it IS Symphony of Destruction. Super, super easy song. The solo, while technically he played it somewhat correctly, was very, very sloppy. Lots of muted strings and sloppy legato. Tell him that it's not about how fast you play, but how you play the notes...and you have to play ALL the notes.

The drummer needs to start playing with a click in his ear. He's all over the place, wasting a lot of energy trying to pound the drums as hard as he can to make up for it. There is only a certain amount of force you can put on the drum heads that will achieve a particular volume, and the rest is wasted energy. What that means is that no matter how hard you hit the drums, there's a maximum volume you can achieve with only so much force. He needs to find that balance and stop pounding on them like a caveman and save his energy and put it into his touch. Right now it sounds like someone pounding concrete with a sledgehammer in terms of style. He needs a lot more finesse and delicacy in his touch.

As for the vocals, while you don't seem to have a problem with key that much and understand how to sing in tune with something, falsetto is not for you. You need to find your own voice if you're going to continue singing, even if it's just backup vocals (since you said you got a new singer). You absolutely must learn to sing from your diaphragm and not your throat; it will give much-needed balls to your voice. If you notice your throat is getting sore, you're doing it wrong. If you're voice is getting a bit dry but no sore throat, this is normal. You need hydration. However, even that isn't enough sometimes. I'll tell you a secret: chew spearmint gum while singing. Don't worry, it won't affect your voice and the effect will be twofold: 1. you will have a constantly lubricated throat so the air can pass over your vocal chords much more easily and you can sing for much longer. If you ever have watched Foo Fighters, you'll notice Dave Grohl ALWAYS has a big wad of gum in his mouth. It's not because he just loves to chew gum. 2. Chewing gum will give your brain something to think about besides playing or singing. It will help your concentration. Think of it like background music for your brain. It works because I play guitar and sing at the same time in two bands...it will help your mind separate itself.

Hope that helps.

I've done the one-mic demo recording, mostly for my own listening of how the song is coming together. So really I can't judge how well it's played, as that type of recording can really fuck up how it would have sounded "live."

But I hear potential. Keep plugging at it!