My band DORIAN GRAY - first track up!

Myke Havoc

Corpse W/Out Soul
Nov 29, 2004
Nashua, NH
www.facebook.com
Hey gang. I'm the vocalist for Dorian Gray. Nevermore is one of the biggest influences on us as far as
combining heavy and melodic elements. Figure I'd put up a track off our new EP and spread the word:

If you dig it, "like" our facebook page and check out more of our stuff:

http://www.facebook.com/doriangrayus

If you're from New England, maybe come out and catch a show. Opened for Paul Di'Anno last month.
Death Angel next week and Apocalyptica next month, so we're off to a decent start.

Last edited by a moderator:
That was pretty damn cool. I'm usually over critical on "local scene" bands (and not trying to insult there, just being realistic for now), because I see so many of them (I work for a concert production company in my off time) and more often than not, they aren't very good. I can say though that I thoroughly enjoyed that. Nothing earth shattering or extremely original, but that's definitely not necessarily a bad thing. You have some pretty decent pipes too.

Thanks a lot guys! I really appreciate the kind words.
I love Into Eternity myself. That's actually not a bad comparison.
Their drummer Steve is from this area. Does gigs with friends' bands from time to time. Cool dude.

But again, thanks fellas. I'll be sure to post some more stuff for you guys to check out.

Dorian Gray sounds like a brand of cigarettes or something haha.

But yeah decent stuff!

Here's another good rendition of this song title :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
not bad. Need to mix the vocals up a little bit more. Where are the high screams???

The youtube clip squashed the audio a bit. The lossless files sounds a lot better.
There are screams, they just aren't too prominent. I feel they have less impact if I do them too much. Plus we're going for a more modern approach, and sadly most folks find high notes to be something that instantly dates music. I balance this out by singing in a Judas Priest tribute band where I do spend plenty of time in my upper register:lol:

Dorian Gray sounds like a brand of cigarettes or something haha.

Haha yeah it's inspired by the Oscar Wilde novel The Picture of Dorian Gray. Most people tend to remember the character from the League of Extraordinary Gentleman film adaptation though lol

Here's another good rendition of this song title

Wow, I've never heard that track before! The title comes from the Bram Stoker novel, so I guess the God Dethroned guys have the same sort of taste as I do :)

I love the name

Thanks! I'm very happy with it. It has a level of class and sort of puts me in that victorian, turn of the century, Jack the Ripper/Elephant Man kind of mood haha. It kind of puts us in that Kamelot/Evergrey mode, which I think we're a more American sort of version of.

Steve is one hell of a drummer too.

Indeed! He just took over a bunch of Mike Mangini's courses at Berklee (most people believe this is because Mike is the new drummer for Dream Theater). For a local musician, he'd be a dream to work with. If the price is right, he tours with just about anyone! Very versatile. Proud to know him.

Again, thanks for all the kind words, guys. I really appreciate your thoughts. I will certainly post something else soon ;)

hmm...I like it. I will wait to judge the mix until I get to my home, but I can agree with you as far as youtube goes. I like the riffs and the vox though, must be honest not a huge fan of the breakdown-type stuff, but sounds good. My band is looking to do an east coast thing in the future, so I might be calling you up.

Hell yeah dude! We'll hit up any state in the North East for gigs, for sure. We love playing with every type of band. So long as its hard rock, hard core or heavy metal, we're there. We love playing and mixing it up. We've played on some truly strange pairings before! haha

And again, thanks for the feedback. I do enjoy hearing people's different interpretations of it. But there's been a unanimous and polite response across the board so far, so I'm very excited!

Will, I dig the hell out of your band. When I first started singing, it was in a Misfits tribute band back in freshman year of high school, so the theatrical horror element has always stuck with me. I've always been a movies/comics sort of nerd. It still shows, especially with lyrics. I'd love to play a gig with you guys if we make it to Jersey or you guys make it up to New England. Just keep in touch.

Now the goal is to get on that Symphony X/Nevermore stop that they have in Worcester MA. That would be a dream.

Will, I dig the hell out of your band. When I first started singing, it was in a Misfits tribute band back in freshman year of high school, so the theatrical horror element has always stuck with me. I've always been a movies/comics sort of nerd. It still shows, especially with lyrics. I'd love to play a gig with you guys if we make it to Jersey or you guys make it up to New England. Just keep in touch.

Now the goal is to get on that Symphony X/Nevermore stop that they have in Worcester MA. That would be a dream.

:kickass: