My Band is Hitting the Studio

TheWinterSnow

Den Mørke Natt
Oct 22, 2008
Sacramento, CA
So after many months of bad luck, I finally somewhat have a hold and the production of my band's new EP. Tonight I got to work with some new drum tones that I got freshly out of The Metal Foundry since I was having problems getting a good tone from them.

At this moment I still cant record for a number of reasons, more hiccups as usual: PS adapter broke for my OD, my cables (monster cables at that) are shorting out, my 6 string guitar's ground wire has some loose from its electrical contact with the bridge, its a TOM which means a resolder requires taking off the strings and removing the bridge, now I have to go out and get new strings for that. I am also having issues with my OS setup, Win7 64 bit not liking all my plugins (most of the free ones don't work at all, as in they won"t load), so I have to turn around and install all my music shit (DAW, Plugins, VSTi etc) on my XP partition, and that has been uninspiring. I am having issues as usual with Sonar and my Soundcards shitty drivers and I have yet to install a 3rd party ASIO driver at the moment. On top of it all I haven't gotten around to installing the most important part of my mixing world, Sonar 8, Sonar LE comes with the Soundcard drivers but its unstable as shit and limited to a certain number of buses and plugins (and when you have 60+ tracks of mono/stereo channels, adding up to around 100 channels total, you need unlimited plugins and busses).

And why haven't I had time to do it, goddamned school, but still the preproduction of the drums with some scratch guitars to see how it is going to sound is more than cool, I have a few songs to complete writing-wise, but overall the album is done, its just time to record shit.

***A little note about the Demo/EP, its being recorded in my home studio and planned for a release sometime soon, hopefully summer, for the reason that I want to mix and master all the songs together, I will not fully mix and master a song before all the other songs are done being recorded, meaning that they will be released at the same time, no leaks publicly except or some samplers up here. Once it is done all the songs will be available on soundclick and by CD without the ability to download for free, it will be time to start charging for the goods and if we are chargin for pro CD's it would be pointless if you could get them for free download.***

I just wanted to share the excitement, and a sample of the preproduction drums and some scratch guitars. As usual, 5150 GB Cab (shitty tone, just threw the mic in front of the cab), rollin' all MF except the snare (using GMS pitch shifter to same pitch as the blended Roger Wood in SD2.0 of course), there is no sample replacement going one whatsoever, which is the way I like it, good drum tone without replacement.

Anyway I am extremely excited to get started even though the setup has been one nightmare after the other, eventually we will have smooth sailing and you guys will get every update, so here's to you guys :kickass:

Also, if you haven't checked out my band yet, its down in the sig, will be great for the melodeath guys out there!

So here you have it the beginning of preproduction, tell me what you think about the drum tone (could care less about guitars, they are scratch)

Here is just a drum medly sample:

Shades Of Devastation Preproduction Drum Tone

...and here is one of the songs with scratch guitars:

"Ghost Of Haunting Memories"

*oh and I will be keeping the updates all right here ITT thread, so for anyone that is interested, updates will constantly happen!

So until the next update gents :kickass: