My band's Pre-Production -Death Metal Female Vox

MetalWorks

Apr 19, 2007
Sacramento, CA
www.myspace.com
So I just did a sort of Pre-Production Mix of one of my bands new songs.

I was cleaning up drums and decided to throw in a Scratch track of 5150, Bass, solo scratch with POD Pro and my wife tested her new lyrics out for the first time.

The guitars, bass and vocals will be re-done properly once I am done with all the other drum tracks.

Curious what you all think of the song and her vocals. Uniquely enough, she plays guitar and sings at the same time.

http://www.forktung.com/dietermination/NewSong1_Pre-Production.mp3

Not a huge fan of the vocals (voice sounds similar to Angela Gossow), but the music is killer.

The cymbal/hihat/whatever pattern during the gravity blast doesn't fit, or needs more velocity works to sound more human.

The song is a bit Nile-ish at times (especially guitars).

I think it was more of the drummer having issues with his gravity and the highhat at the same time.

There is alot of bleed coming through on the snare mic because of boosting the gravity blast volume.

There wasn't much I could do to fix it since the gravity blast is 100% mic'd.

I justed decided to live with it.

If I ever re-record it I will have the drummer X out the highhat or get it right. ;)

Since I still have to record the final guitars and bass I might see if there is anything else I can do to improve that part.

I think it was more of the drummer having issues with his gravity and the highhat at the same time.

There is alot of bleed coming through on the snare mic because of boosting the gravity blast volume.

There wasn't much I could do to fix it since the gravity blast is 100% mic'd.

I justed decided to live with it.

If I ever re-record it I will have the drummer X out the highhat or get it right. ;)

Since I still have to record the final guitars and bass I might see if there is anything else I can do to improve that part.

I thought drums were programmed... :Smug:

About the gravity blast part, it sounds too obvious that you boosted the volume. You should not boost i that much IMO. Snare sounds almost louder than during the other blast parts, which does not make any sense.

I'd just boost the volume a bit so that i can be heard, plus maybe use the trick used for snare rolls/ghost notes, which is using more snare bottom mic during those parts. But in the end the hits should not be as loud as the regular blast beat snare hits.
It seems normal to me that the snare on gravity blasts gets a bit buried compared to the snare on normal blasts... Like on latest Cryptopsy / Origin / whatever brutal death metal album with a real drummer using gravity blasts.