My band just uploaded a new song (not metal)

JeffTD

Senhor Testiculo
Sep 29, 2004
Los Angeles, CA
www.jeffdunne.com
So my very un-metal band just uploaded a brand new song on our facebook.

http://www.facebook.com/thegoodage

"March" is the song in question.

It's a psuedo master, and the mp3 compression isn't helping, but the mix is more or less final. Looking back, there's a lot I'd change about how we went about recording/producing it, but I've got to keep from Monday-morning quarterbacking it if it's ever going to get done.

We'll be uploading more pictures/album cover in the next 2 weeks, the full-length hits iTunes/Amazon mp3/eMusic/etc... on January 25th.

Let me/us know what you think, and be sure to 'like' the page if you think we don't suck ass!

could be the mp3 but the highs seem distracting.

I noticed his voice seemed a little thin when it came in and was missing the warmth I would of liked to hear. The snare is also abit distant and needs abit of thickening but otherwise the mix is fine.

I enjoy your band a little to much so I can look past those minor issues.

awesome song man

(think I may have been first listen as well because it said 0 plays before I listened :cool: )

Jeff - the song in question is "March"?

Sounds good man, though lyrically it's not my style, I do dig the music. Production sounds great for the style man!

I threw a "like" in there as well - every little bit helps. :)

Dem paramore samples XD

Not sure if this is a 'rate my mix' or not, since it's not in that subforum, but I think the vocals/guitars are too loud compared to the drums/bass. The kick sits really nicely though.

Also that player is kinda weird.. you can't go back to 0:00, the earliest you can go is 0:01 which means the intro drum fill gets cut off -_-

I kinda dig the song too. Not really my style of music at all but I found myself bopping along.

(think I may have been first listen as well because it said 0 plays before I listened :cool: )

I think there's been an error with the calculating, I had all my roomates listen to it and it stayed at 0 until a few minutes ago, where it jumped to where it currently is.

The psuedo-master favored top end for sure, and the vocal warmth is something I've been fighting the entire way through - the SM7b requires a lot of top end boosting to get presence, and it's hard to balance that with still sounding thick in the low end and not having it be muddy.

I'd be lying if I said I didn't model the drums after Riot to a certain extent, and the kick/snare do have the samples in there, but the huge bulk of the tone is from the natural kick/snare, and there are 3 kick samples and 4 snare samples blended in addition to the originals - I could remove the Paramore samples and it wouldn't change much, in all honesty!

Not my style, but I dig the production., very warm sounding. My only complaint is that the snare is a tiny thud in the back of the mix. The kick was real obvious that it was the Paramore kick, lol. It's the low end that sucker drives.

Jeff, sounds ace on the mpb speakers, man! There are a few words at the beggining of the song the autotuning bothers me a little bit, but that's just me being annoying :)

the song just finished. listening to this + seeing the profile pic makes me remember how I miss being in a band.

i don't like this style of music but i like the production.
+1 on the highs, could it be the maypace player?

cheers
S.

Thanks for checking it out/liking the page, guys!

Anssi, not sure why you're having an issue with the player; you're literally the first person to have any issues.

The player is messing with the top end a bit, and it's in at least 192kbps (file size limit), since that's the bitrate of the mp3 I uploaded. Not stellar, by any means, but that's what happens with online streaming I guess. Is the issue with the high-end on both the facebook and MySpace players, or just one?

i can tell the pseudo-mastering fucking up what was a pretty good mix. the high end on the OH's is out of contrrollllll. i like the slight pumping but i'd prefer it in a slightly more 'analog' sounding way....

Sounds like FG-X in there somewhere but I could be wrong....