Uploaded a new Song + Albumsampler to my bands Facebook page / HARPIA DEIIS

Mago

Austrian Blech Machine
Aug 21, 2009
Vienna, Austria
Female Fronted Metal, even if the song starts off with my vocal duties haha

www.facebook.com/harpiadeiis

The song is called "Rise of Blades" and features guest vocals of our beloved sneapsters Felix Neumann and Carlos (Skinny Viking) as well as George, the vocalist of Carlos' band Shadowdance.
The were part of the choirish part of on the last chorus, and I think it turned out pretty epic
A befriended vocalist of an austrian band called Heathen Forray also layed down vocals for the this part + some friends of the band did sing along vocals too...was pretty funny actually, 8 people singing loud as fuck in my livingroom on a sunday evening before christmas :lol:

Also uploaded an Albumsampler on the Bandpage, since our Album will be out on 19th of March when we have the Release gig. I'll set up a Bandcamp account for digital copies as well as bigcartel account for physical copies (a cool Digipack case, that I think is worth to get), since some sneapesters showed interest in the album :wave:

I was responsible for the production, our sneapster Jaymz for the awesome master :headbang:

Here's the cover for the CD, it features BOOBS :p

Cover-Digipack.jpg

Cheers!

Digging the sound and the mix! Very cool. Thumbs up, will purchase this when you're done creating.

Thanks guys! glad you like it :)
A lot of time and effort went into the making of this, so I'm glad as fuck it finally comes to an end...but I guess most of you who do their own band's CD's know that (Carlos? haha) ;)

Lol Carlos, MOAR NIPPLZ would make me afraid to find that album so faptastic that I don't listen to it anymore and just keep fapping to the art ;)
would feel strange...in a good way though

Awesome stuff Marco, you did a killer job which made for a pleasureable mastering experience! I KNEW it needed moar NIPPLZ!! ;)

Awesome stuff Marco, you did a killer job which made for a pleasureable mastering experience! I KNEW it needed moar NIPPLZ!! ;)

haha thanks man.
yeah, you knew it ^^ ;)
although I know that the cover is no safe bet, I like it but I'm quite sure a lot of folks would want something more br00tal or whatever :hotjump:

AWESOME! Been waiting for this for a while =D
Sounds really good man

thanks man...Im also glad it comes to an end...I think I uploaded before the fire like 1 year ago or so. but I think the additional time I had for it served the output quality :D

thanks man...Im also glad it comes to an end...I think I uploaded before the fire like 1 year ago or so. but I think the additional time I had for it served the output quality :D

Of course, it's always worth to take the time to do it properly. Still listen to Before the Fire a lot, it's one of my favorite tracks from this forum!

It was a pleasure helping you out for that tune!! :) The sound is 10/10 - absolutely excellent!!

Great song/mix, Mago! And outstanding Mastering work, James :worship:

Thanks Felix!
Your, Carlos' and George's Vocals went really well together :)
Just a pitty that you can't make out the single layers really well, even if I turned down the rhythms quite a lot on the last chorus...but I think we knew that since we shooted more for epicness rather then anything else :lol:
I enjoy listening to the acapella mix of that part though hehehe

Also not to forget: It's really really cool to work with Jaymz :headbang:

Awesome you bastard:heh: Those cleans sound really good. :headbang:

Thanks Nuno!
Do you mean the clean guitars or the clean voice?
Because I remember you had issues with the clean vocals when I posted the albummix, and you weren't the only one.
Either way, clean guitars was the emg89 (neck) in my epiphone les paul custom in "split" mode (its not really split, its using the single coil) into Amplitube 3
If you ment the vocals: I ended up redoing the EQ part and ditching a stupid multibandcomp that seemed to go too hard on the highs/high mids of the vocals. after I redid that it was a lot easier to sit them in the mix...hope I fixed it finally, can't do much about that anymore :lol:

Of course, it's always worth to take the time to do it properly. Still listen to Before the Fire a lot, it's one of my favorite tracks from this forum!

Well thanks a lot for that, it's a huge compliment for me since there are a lot of great tracks coming from this forum :)
What delayed this the most was the decision to reamp the guitars through my real rig (6505+, randall cab, 57) instead of using the tonelab as we did before. since meanwhile I also bough the LSD drums I also wanted to try them out on the album, and I ended up making a whole different/new mix, even if I allready had a working version (the before the fire mix).
More then happy that I decided to do so though
Before the Fire is also on the CD, but with the newer mix obviously (so real guitars, nicer drums & vocals ect...). I'm kinda sick of that song though, since I listened to it far to many times during the different mixing phases

Thanks Nuno!
Do you mean the clean guitars or the clean voice?
Because I remember you had issues with the clean vocals when I posted the albummix, and you weren't the only one.
Either way, clean guitars was the emg89 (neck) in my epiphone les paul custom in "split" mode (its not really split, its using the single coil) into Amplitube 3
If you ment the vocals: I ended up redoing the EQ part and ditching a stupid multibandcomp that seemed to go too hard on the highs/high mids of the vocals. after I redid that it was a lot easier to sit them in the mix...hope I fixed it finally, can't do much about that anymore :lol:

I mean the clean guitars. They sound very good. But the clean voice is now fitting really well the mix.:headbang: