my band recording guitar and bass only

broken81

Used by Protools
Dec 26, 2005
Detroit, MI
just recorded some guitar and drums for my bands upcoming demo.

This is just a test run and has no bass or anything please let me know what you guys think or what i could change :)

Oh yea this is my very first time recording a band. all Ive really done is guitar and a Lil vox by myself no bass or drum skills but I'm trying :headbang:

http://download.yousendit.com/90EB69C248DC8375

Sounds cool, the guitars are pretty old school which is nice, the kick gets pretty lost in the mix but other than that can't wait to hear the finished track.

HexTheNet said:
kick gets pretty lost in the mix

yea i just tried on a few different systems and anything with no bass you cant hear kick at all :erk:

gear used

guitar= aria pro II knight warrior with a Seymour Duncan distortion pickup (passive)

guitar head= peavey ultra plus 120

cab= Marshall 1960 with g12t 75

( speakers actually date back to 1979) this cab actually was the guitarist of Halloween for sure and stryper i think a couple local guitar hero's. Drummer from Halloween runs a studio my band recorded at before but long story how i ended up with cab.

Mic= sm57 on axis 1 inch back and 1 inch to side of cone

Mic= senhiser e609 right in middle of cone

I recorded 2 tracks with e609 and 1 track with sm57

preamp were just stock digi001 which is digidesign digi001 interface

i rolled up from 60hz on down and high passed at like 12k and used Andy's c4 preset and thats about it!!

IMG_0064.jpg

oh yea i was just testing tone my guitar strings are like 3 months old :puke:

Waiting to put on new ones till drums are 100% done so tone should improve a bit.

yea i changed snare sample and did some compression to bring up the thump in bass and gave it a lil more click (mixed in pantera kick)

I will post more clips to real recording of song soon!!
:kickass: