My band's first music video. (Done by us)

Charlez

Carlos Rosa
Jul 26, 2010
Puerto Rico
Hello! My band Death Comes Home just released our first music video which we did ourselves, please check it out! I also recorded and mixed the track.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4ve3RzC7NU&[/ame]

Quite good man! A basic but solid video. You have a good variety of different shots from video to close. A side story would add a little more to the whole video though, but still better this way than getting a girl to run/walk/wander somewhere.

I think I would've fiddled with the colors and contrast more though. What I've found to be helpful (for the style I'm after anyways) is to first desaturate the video and then set your contrasts. When it looks good black & white, start gradually increasing the saturation to liking.

Anyways good job on the video and mixing! Both work really well. :)

Sounds good dude \m/ generic video yes, but we have a similar one too haha, execute well at least and no token chic in a wedding gown or whatever it is nowadays haha.

I have to query you about the snare man, what's on it? :)

I'd probably up the pace of the editing a bit. Also, all the shots are static, so I'd try and introduce some movement! Wide image stabilised lenses are your friends here. It's still a really good effort and looks pretty pro, nice one!

duuude, i really dig the song!

the video is ok but a bit static. i like the pale colour though.

i think there are simple things you can do to make it look more interesting.
it may sound stupid but things like changing clothes between the takes makes the viewer think "oh there's something new"
same goes for the actual setting, or just the bands "layout" the vocalist doesn't have to be in the front all the time IMHO.
also the camera angle can be varied, most of the time it's filming the front

...just a few things that came to my mind...it doesn't have to be "right" :)

Thanks for the suggestions guys! This was my first time filming anything, and we did it in 3 hours on a budget of $0 haha...so yeah. If we do
the next one ourselves, I'll definitely take all those things into consideration!

Sounds good dude m/ generic video yes, but we have a similar one too haha, execute well at least and no token chic in a wedding gown or whatever it is nowadays haha.

I have to query you about the snare man, what's on it? :)

It's a combination of Joey Snare 1 and Slate 11a.

The individual clips are a little too long. You need to create some pace and energy with as many cuts as possible, and every clip doesn't have to be of a musician performing. Try getting some shots of the surroundings too to give the video some dimensionality. But it's clean looking as hell! A job well done. A little generic, sure, but it goes with the Slate Kick 10 territory.