My bands latest single! (well-produced post-hardcore-ish rock)

Backe

Space Cowboy
Mar 7, 2010
Borlänge, Sweden
Hi everyone!

My band released a single off our upcoming album like a month ago, and I think it's my best work to date (productionwise atleast). I however totally forgot about asking you guys on this forum for the brilliant advice and opinions I normally recieve here. So... what do you guys think? What can I improve upon for the next record? What bugs you about it and what do you like? Any feedback is appreciated.

(Watch in HD)

If you're wondering about anything, feel free to ask.

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Dude guitars and bass sound great what was your chains? What was the eq on the reamp and post processing?

Dude guitars and bass sound great what was your chains? What was the eq on the reamp and post processing?

everything is free plugins, except for ampeg svx for the bass and of course some of the stuff on the busses, eqs, saturators etc

guitars are
fender tele - crap di - tse808 - LePou HyBrit and just your run of the mill impulse with LeCab

panned hard right hard left and some group processing including EQ (basicaly just low and high-pass, all the fatness comes from the saturators), PSP MixSaturator2 and the Soundtoys Decapitator

bass is
fender j-bass - crap di - tse B.O.D. - ampeg svx and then it's processed with the Antress free 1176-style comp along with some Decapitator for that "stringiness" and grit, and some post-eq's i believe

Davey Havok much? haha nice tho.

yeah, AFI is and has always been a huge influence for our bass player, i'm not that into them though. haha. thanks!

Pretty nice, man. Video is pretty pro as well. If I had to say anything it seems like the overall mix is the slightest bit dark but that's more preference than anything. Nice work, dude!

the credits for the video goes to our drummer (who works at a small multimedia business, where we borrowed all the gear), and it's his first music video ever made so we're all pretty stoked. yeah, the youtube compression made everything a bit dark, but i like it, it goes with our black hair i guess. haha.