My band's new album might be my best work yet.

sk8ersick666

I need a beer...
Apr 12, 2009
Jersey
www.myspace.com
Here is the first track of my band's new upcoming album. Hope you guys like it, I'm really proud of how it came out. Alan Douches really took it over the top with the mastering.

Hope i can get some good/honest critiques on the mix. They always help me get better

hope you enjoy

[SOUNDCLOUD]https://soundcloud.com/earsplit/grimus-without-master#play[/SOUNDCLOUD]

holy shit... that was my first thougt! Drum are programed? The overall sound is very nice, but sometimes i'd like to hear the guitars more in front or the vocals further away. I love how open it sounds!

Sounds fucking awesome dude, what's the band?
The drums are very obviously programmed though. I've heard a lot worse though.
The song is great though, and the riffs are top notch.
Guitars sound fairly thin, but you probably wouldn't be able to hear the bass very distinctly otherwise anyway.

Band is called Grimus

The drums are actually recorded and then resampled...overheads are all real and snare is mostly natural actually (i mixed a room mic in there but thats about it)

I struggled a lot with the guitars/bass levels, and to this day i still hear certain parts were i wish I would've automated a bit more lol

Thank you for the feedback!

Nice :)
Your Mix is very well balanced. GoodJob :)

oh, dont worry about the automations, U are the only one in the world who could tell the difference any way so forget about it.