My band's new album (Teamkiller | "Bound to Samsara")

Ooooh Teamkiller! You guys rawk! Me and my band (Amplified Hate) almost booked you for a gig... Don´t remember how it went exactly but we ended up with Do Or Die instead. But we´ll organize a concert with you guys fo sho!^^

This small world is inhabited by a lot of Germans!

Thank you very much! But how would you know? The album is yet to be released!
Besides, before we finally split up we will promote our last album on tour!

I'm also sorry to hear that you guys broke up . You're the guitarist I lent a cable in Hamburg at Hafenklang, right? I would not have guessed you run a studio, cool! :)

Thanks man, I appreciate it!
Yeah we did some (then) new songs from the self-titled EP. You can actually listen to two them at www.myspace.com/teamkiller
They're called "Nightcrawler" and "Spiritual Relief". But don't forget to check out the promo song "No More" from the upcoming new album "Bound to Samsara" & spread the word if you dig it!

You are not working full time in your studio, aren't you? Any new band or project?

The title of your album is beautiful <3

We are all bound to a flow of constant states of transition, being reborn into new forms many, many times before the physical death occurs.
What is important is the symbolic death and the symbolic rebirth.
It's nice that I saw this today as well, today is an 11, the number of balance, the master vibrations. Everything came full circle last night for me personally and I have re-affirmed myself into a new state of being.

I will be sure to check your music out. :)

Exactly Gareth, thank you! The album title is a round-up of all the lyrics...

Now "Bound to Samsara" is available for digital download, you might want to check this out:

http://itunes.apple.com/de/album/bound-to-samsara/id393261937

[ame]http://www.amazon.de/Bound-To-Samsara/dp/B00430NRMQ/ref=sr_shvl_album_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1288361603&sr=301-1[/ame]

73875_157148794322374_146337535403500_243891_4104183_n.jpg

Wow Teamkiller as in Teamkiller from Germany ?

I'm a huge fan actually !

Your previous 2 records were some of the best (and way underestimated) hardcore albums released in the past few years IMO !
And the production, especially on "bad signs", is just AMAZING !!!

This new track is cool, quite different from the previous stuff, sounds more like Cro-Mags (mainly Best Wishes), and the old-school turntablism thing part remind me of the song "eyes of tomorrow" on the Alpha Omega album. Also the artwork and album name is very Cro-Mags :)

The guitar tone is badass. The vocals have a very old-school JJoseph/HFlanagan kind of feel which is quite different from the very pissed-off modern sounding previous singer (which i dig) but it sounds very cool also.
The production sounds like the legendary Cro-Mags records but in a more modern/pro way, which is all good.

EDIT : how did you get this guitar tone ? Gibson LP with stock pup's into full Marshall rig miked with a SM57 ?

Yes exactly, Teamkiller from Germany!
Even though I don't know you in person, it means a lot to me knowing some of your likings in hardcore! Thank you very much! Of course you are totally correct with the huge Cro-Mags influence, also in the production.

Hey, maybe we met unwittingly as we played in Paris - of course always on one of those notorious ships haha! I remember one time on tour with Terror, Full Blown Chaos, No Turning Back and again with Killing Time & When Tigers Fight.

Well, since I'm just the guitar player I don't want to give away any "secrets" of Roland Böffgens Hard Drive Sounds Studio, where we recorded the new album, without asking, but a full Marshall rig and SM57s were definately involved! ;)

But I have never recorded a Gibson! On all Teamkiller records and shows so far I always played a black ESP Eclipse Standard (very first series) with two EMG81.
For "effects" I use a TS9DX (!) and the old two channel Rocktron Hush pedal.
Live I always go with both a 5150 and an Engl Savage 120 via a Lehle Dual ABY Box, but for the record I really wanted to capture that late 80s, early 90s vibe.
Other than that I played so hard that I got tendinitis and could not play for a couple of months afterwards.

Yes exactly, Teamkiller from Germany!
Even though I don't know you in person, it means a lot to me knowing some of your likings in hardcore! Thank you very much! Of course you are totally correct with the huge Cro-Mags influence, also in the production.

Hey, maybe we met unwittingly as we played in Paris - of course always on one of those notorious ships haha! I remember one time on tour with Terror, Full Blown Chaos, No Turning Back and again with Killing Time & When Tigers Fight.

Well, since I'm just the guitar player I don't want to give away any "secrets" of Roland Böffgens Hard Drive Sounds Studio, where we recorded the new album, without asking, but a full Marshall rig and SM57s were definately involved! ;)

But I have never recorded a Gibson! On all Teamkiller records and shows so far I always played a black ESP Eclipse Standard (very first series) with two EMG81.
For "effects" I use a TS9DX (!) and the old two channel Rocktron Hush pedal.
Live I always go with both a 5150 and an Engl Savage 120 via a Lehle Dual ABY Box, but for the record I really wanted to capture that late 80s, early 90s vibe.
Other than that I played so hard that I got tendinitis and could not play for a couple of months afterwards.

Héhé i've never seen you guys live, but i just came back from a Skarhead gig on one of those boats you might be talking about (the one tonight was "la péniche alternat' ") :)

Thanks for the info dude !

And tendinitis is a bitch ! It's hard but playing more relaxed is the way to go.