My Bands New Logo.. Thoughts?

Paulie!

¯\(°_o)/¯ How Do Trigger?
Apr 29, 2010
My first draft of a new logo for my Band, Abhorum. Drew it up, then scanned and cleaned it up in Illustrator...

abhorum%20logo_Preview%20Size.jpg

Any thoughts?

-Paul

Can't read it = bad logo, at least IMO. It should be obvious as to what your band's name is by looking at the logo - why make it hard for potential fans to discover you?

+1 for that, i like crazy logos, but i spend 2 seconds trying to figure out what it says, if not, i'm on to the next readable one.

looks like one of those inkblots you see on tv at the mental hospital. ive never understood why bands make their logos unreadable. you can never tell what bands are playing from reading the flyer.

Can't read it = bad logo, at least IMO. It should be obvious as to what your band's name is by looking at the logo - why make it hard for potential fans to discover you?

This is why I posted it, I know what it says so it's not hard for me to read..

I wanted to see if other people thought it was too indecipherable..

Definately gonna rework it..

-P

Im not saying its bad or you need to rework it. I was just saying I couldnt read it. But all those kinds of logos are that way. You succeeded if that is what you were going for. no need to rework it.

Too much evident how you used a nodes and vectors program. Too clean.

+1

You might as well draw a shitload of squiggly lines on paper. I can't read it, and even knowing what it says by looking at your sig, I still can't see how it even resembles it? If I can't read the logo, I'm not buying the CD.

I can't read it, but to be honest, I can't read most of the logos that are in that style. It's just the way they are.

On a different note, I think it's dumb that people make logos you can't read.

I think it looks cool. Just disconnect the letters from each other to make it more legible.

Coming from a background of black and death metal, it's really easy to read that compared to other logos I've seen over the years :lol:

my old band used to have a logo in this style

9923_logo.jpg

Christophe Spajdel ftw

so I WAS into this type of logo and I still like the witchbane logo, I just think it's difficult to be unique with a logo, especially nowadays.
also, difficult to read is fine, IMPOSSIBLE to read not so much

I can read it if I spend like a minute trying to figure the letters out, not cool IMO.

But that's still better than some black metal band logos that look like bird shit on a black shirt.

A band logo is like the music -
Make it too weird and people other than you won't like it /get it.